Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to automate sftp without using expect script? Post 302432512 by pludi on Friday 25th of June 2010 07:08:30 AM
Old 06-25-2010
Hint: SFTP is but a sub-system of SSH...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automate sftp using unix script

Hi All, I need to write a UNIX script that automates the sftp process. I should be able to do a sftp to a secure box and get a file from there. I am having a problem doing this because no matter what I do, when I run my script, I get a prompt at command line asking for a password. How could I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyamurthy2005
34 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Expect SFTP script

Hi All, Here is my Expect script, I don't get any error message when I run it. But the file never goes to other system? I also paste the output screen below. When I run the script, the script runs so fast. But when I do it manually, it takes about 10 minutes for the file to transfer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue with Expect Script for SFTP.

Hi Experts, I am learning expect and wrote the below script for automatic sftp into a server: #!/usr/local/bin/expect -f -d spawn sftp -v test@mumux503 # logs into mumux503 as test user expect "password:" sleep 20 send "test\r"; # sending the password for test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate sftp in a script to 'get' files.

Hi, I read a couple of forum entries about scripting sftp using the '-b' option, but in my case it still prompts for the password. Does anyone have a sample script for an sftp block to 'get' files from the remote server without prompting for a password? Both the remote and the local servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script to Automate SSH

How would I write an expect script to automate ssh and what file extention do expect files use? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to automate telnet session

Hi all, I am currently running a daemon which creates a virtual terminal for testing purposes. Essentially, if I were to interact with it manually, this is what I get. john@test1:~$telnet localhost 7777 Trying ::1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]' mip6d> pl eth2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abxccd
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using expect to automate sftp

I am trying to use a for loop in my expect cmdFile that I am calling. I want to be able to call either one file name or a series of file names in the working directory (that I won't know the names before hand) and then pass the names to the sftp program. Something like for i in (ls *txt) do (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script for SFTP Upload

I am attempting to utilize an expect script (that is called from a parent bash script) to perform a file transfer over sftp. The script works except I cannot catch timeouts. I need to be able to tell in the parent bash script when the expect script has timed out, or completed successfully. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thaller
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP script to automate login in to remote server

Greetings, guys. I'm not much of a programmer forgive me for being a noob, because of someone leaving, I was put in an IT spot where I have to figure out a few things. Being new to Linux and programming has been a challenge. My boss has asked me to create an automated script to connect to a 3rd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovannym
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automate sftp process using script

Hi, guys, I am trying to automate a sftp process using "expect" method (since the key authentication method is disabled in my company network, there is no helping it). In order to try, I type in the command manually: sftp @ > << EOF >cd >ls -l >EOF >Connecting to @servername password: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: warmboy610
3 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants - Constant definitions for Net::SFTP::Foreign SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants qw(:tag SSH2_FILEXFER_VERSION); print "Protocol version is ", SSH2_FILEXFER_VERSION; DESCRIPTION
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants provides a list of exportable SFTP constants: for SFTP messages and commands, for file-open flags, for status messages, etc. Constants can be exported individually, or in sets identified by tag names. Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants provides values for all of the constants listed in the SFTP protocol version 3 draft; the only thing to note is that the constants are listed with the prefix "SSH2_" instead of "SSH_". So, for example, to import the constant for the file-open command, you would write: use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants qw( SSH2_FXP_OPEN ); TAGS
As mentioned above, constants can either be imported individually or in sets grouped by tag names. The tag names are: :fxp Imports all of the "SSH2_FXP_*" constants: these are the constants used in the messaging protocol. :flags Imports all of the "SSH2_FXF_*" constants: these are constants used as flags sent to the server when opening files. :att Imports all of the "SSH2_FILEXFER_ATTR_*" constants: these are the constants used to construct the flag in the serialized attributes. The flag describes what types of file attributes are listed in the buffer. :status Imports all of the "SSH2_FX_*" constants: these are constants returned from a server "SSH2_FXP_STATUS" message and indicate the status of a particular operation. :error Imports all the "SFTP_ERR_*" constants used to represent high level errors: "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_ALREADY_EXISTS", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_CHMOD_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_OPEN_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_READ_ERROR", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_STAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_UTIME_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_LOCAL_WRITE_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_BAD_PACKET_SEQUENCE", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_BAD_PERMISSIONS", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_BAD_TIME", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_BLOCK_TOO_SMALL", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_CLOSE_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_FSETSTAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_FSTAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_LSTAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_MKDIR_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_OPENDIR_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_OPEN_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_READDIR_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_READ_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_REALPATH_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_REMOVE_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_RENAME_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_RMDIR_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_READLINK_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_SYMLINK_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_SETSTAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_STAT_FAILED", "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_WRITE_FAILED" and "SFTP_ERR_REMOTE_HARDLINK_FAILED". Note: these constants are not defined on the SFTP draft. :ext Import all the "SSH2_FXE_*" constants: there are the constants defined for usage with SFTP extensions. Currently, these are supported: "SSH2_FXE_STATVFS_ST_RDONLY", "SSH_FXE_STATVFS_ST_NOSUID". There is one constant that does not fit into any of the tag sets: "SSH2_FILEXFER_VERSION", which holds the value of the SFTP protocol implemented by Net::SFTP::Foreign. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHTS Please see the Net::SFTP::Foreign manpage for author, copyright, and license information. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-11 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Constants(3pm)