Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parse special character in the line Post 302432422 by bartus11 on Friday 25th of June 2010 03:05:53 AM
Old 06-25-2010
Code:
awk '/--->/{sub(".*> ","");print;next}1' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[OpenServer 5]Line Printing and special character (é @)

Hello, On Sco OpenServer 5, i want to print using the lpr command, no CUPS installed. I print on an HP LaserJet 4050 on LAN (IP 192.168.x.x) the printer is installed by HP Network Printer service. it works fine, but Specials characters, like é, @ or ° print bad characters. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tankd
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a file for a special character

hello, How to parse a file to see if a specific line is commented by '#' character? filename: file1 cat file1 ... # /usr/bin/whatever ... thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a special character at the end of the line

I used following to add * at the end of the line in file1. It adds * at the end but has a space before it for some lines but some other lines it adds exactly after the last character. How do I take out the space ? sed 's/$/*/' file1 > file2 example: contents of file1 : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a character in line in Special condition?

Hi, I have a log file generated by a tool which has the following look : /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename1_release_date.zip /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename2_release_date.zip /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename3_release_date.zip... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to parse a word character by character

Hi All, Can anyone help me please, I have a word like below. 6,76 I want to read this word and check if it has "," (comma) and if yes then i want to replace it with "." (dot). That means i want to be changed to 6.76 If the word doesnot contain "," then its should not be changed. Eg. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleteing one character after an special character

I have below line in a unix file, I want to delete one character after "Â". 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap Â~V Hybrids The result should be : 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap  Hybrids i dont want to use "~V" anywhere in the sed command or any other command, just remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to remove new line character and append new line character in a file?

Hi Experts, I have data coming in 4 columns and there are new line characters \n in between the data. I need to remove the new line characters in the middle of the row and keep the \n character at the end of the line. File is comma (,) seperated. Eg: ID,Client ,SNo,Rank 37,Airtel \n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk special parse case

I have a special case that awk could be used but I do not have the skill. Trying to create a final output file (indel_parse.txt) that is created from using some information from each of the two files (attached). parse rules: The header is skipped FNR>1 1. 4 zeros after the NC_ (not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to understand special character for line reading in bash shell?

I am still learning shell scripting. Recently I see a function for read configuration. But some of special character make me confused. I checked online to find answer. It was not successful. I post the code here to consult with expert or guru to get better understanding on these special characters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies
Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI - LDAP "Who am I?" Operation SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI; $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $ldap->bind('cn=Joe User,cn=People,dc=example,dc=com", password => 'secret'); $mesg = $ldap->who_am_i(); die "error: ", $mesg->code(), ": ", $mesg->error() if ($mesg->code()); print "you are bound with authzId ", $mesg->response(), " "; DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI" implements the "Who am I?" extended LDAPv3 operation as described in RFC 4532. It implements no object by itself but extends the Net::LDAP object by another method: METHODS
who_am_i Obtain the authorization identity which the server has associated with the user or application entity. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Extension AUTHOR
Norbert Klasen <norbert.klasen@avinci.de>, Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-21 Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI(3)