Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ICMP Net Unreachable from gateway Post 302432405 by madanmeer on Friday 25th of June 2010 02:28:31 AM
Old 06-25-2010
Hi
Jus unplumb the interface and plumb it again..Now add the route using routeadd cmd and ten try pingin u wil be able to do tat.

Regards
S.Vignesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

icmp

how i can send the big icmp packets to the another ip for loose connection ....or how he can loose (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seccom
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ICMP Echo-Request

Hello! I'm in extra urgent need to have a program that sends a series of ICMP echo requests over the network to a specified host and waits until the last echo reply is received. I know little about socket-programming (in particular I've never dealt with icmp sockets) that's why i'm desperate!! :)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilmora
5 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Host unreachable

I have inherited a Sun Ultra-1, running sunOS 5.8 While on this machine, I cannot ping www.yahoo.com I cannot ping this machine from withing our lan. I do not have an static IP for this machine and used Iconfig hme0 auto-dhcp start. All is well, It seems to me that the previous owner,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: defense
1 Replies

4. Linux

Linux Port Unreachable

All, I have to servers (NT and REL4). We can access the application on NT from Linux but we cannot access the applications on Linux when accessed from NT. The applicaiton is running on Linux with some IP:Port. When we try to access that application from NT, it says that the port is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The One
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Ping ICMP

Hi All, How to disable ICMP time stamp request and time stamp reply of a machine? How to test this feature from remote machine? Please reply back Vasanth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart fails with ICMP Destination unreachable

Hi I am trying to perform a jumpstart with values below client sf440-003 - ip x.x.133.2 jumpstartserver zeus - ip x.x.133.19 The jumpstart tftp works as it should, I boot the machine with boot net - install etc. But when it should do a PORTMAP it fails with ICMP error. Any ideas... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehsjoka
2 Replies

7. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ICMP for limited time

Hi, I am using following command: tcpdump -i eth1 icmp =8 >output.txt i want this command to get execute for a minute only. How can we do this? Thanks. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyajeet@uh
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
Route classifier in tc(8)					       Linux						 Route classifier in tc(8)

NAME
route - route traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... route [ from REALM | fromif TAG ] [ to REALM ] [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
Match packets based on routing table entries. This filter centers around the possibility to assign a realm to routing table entries. For any packet to be classified by this filter, a routing table lookup is performed and the returned realm is used to decide on whether the packet is a match or not. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. from REALM fromif TAG Perform source route lookups. TAG is the name of an interface which must be present on the system at the time of tc invocation. to REALM Match if normal (i.e., destination) routing returns the given REALM. EXAMPLES
Consider the subnet 192.168.2.0/24 being attached to eth0: ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0 realm 2 The following route filter will then match packets from that subnet: tc filter add ... route from 2 classid 1:2 and pass packets on to class 1:2. NOTES
Due to implementation details, realm values must be in a range from 0 to 255, inclusive. Alternatively, a verbose name defined in /etc/iproute2/rt_realms may be given instead. SEE ALSO
tc(8), ip-route(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Route classifier in tc(8)