Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers weird password popup on "admin" mentions Post 302432359 by Corona688 on Thursday 24th of June 2010 10:11:15 PM
Old 06-24-2010
On Apache it might be buried in an .htaccess file. MediaTemple I'm less sure.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird problem with output from "date '+3600*%H+60*%M+%S' "

Hi, I came across a script a few months ago that allowed you to use the following script to include the current time into your prompt (useful from auditting purposes): # Set Prompt typeset -RZ2 _x1 _x2 _x3 let SECONDS=$(date '+3600*%H+60*%M+%S')... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
5 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Weird "security" bahavior with SSL certificates

Hello, I have been attempting to automate the addition of SSL certificates to keychains on a MAC using the "security" command. I've noticed two things, 1 of which I don't understand. 1. If I use something like "security add-trusted-cert -d -k /System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prafulnama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: "weird" regex behaviour

I have these two files in current dir: oos.txt oos_(copy).txt I execute this find command:find . -regex './oos*.txt'And this outputs only the first file (oos.txt)! :confused: Only if I add another asterisk to the find find . -regex './oos*.*txt' do I also get the second file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: courteous
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting out "expr" creates weird behavior

This really puzzles me. The following code gives me the error 'expr: syntax error' when I try to do multi-line comment using here document <<EOF echo "Sum is: `expr $1 + $2`" EOF Even if I explicitly comment out the line containing the expr using "#", the error message would still exist... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

6. AIX

Change "root" to "root.admin" in outgoing e-mails

Our AIX servers send e-mails which have the "from" address set to "root@company.com" for our root user ("C{M}company.com" in /etc/sendmail.cf). The problem is that when bad e-mails are sent out or rejected by remote servers, they are being returned and delivered to e-mail box of "Mary Root". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird behavior of command "local"

Hi there, I'm running into a very weird situation. Let's forget about the purpose of my initial script please. I noticed the bug whatever I'm trying to do. I'm on an old server running bash 3.1.17. Say we have the following script : foo:~# cat /tmp/test #!/bin/bash f1() { local... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
UPSSET.CONF(5)							    NUT Manual							    UPSSET.CONF(5)

NAME
upsset.conf - Configuration for Network UPS Tools upsset.cgi DESCRIPTION
This file only does one job--it lets you convince upsset.cgi(8) that your system's CGI directory is secure. The program will not run until this file has been properly defined. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
upsset.cgi(8) allows you to try login name and password combinations. There is no rate limiting, as the program shuts down between every request. Such is the nature of CGI programs. Normally, attackers would not be able to access your upsd(8) server directly as it would be protected by the LISTEN directives in your upsd.conf(5) file, tcp-wrappers (if available when NUT was built), and hopefully local firewall settings in your OS. upsset runs on your web server, so upsd will see it as a connection from a host on an internal network. It doesn't know that the connection is actually coming from someone on the outside. This is why you must secure it. On Apache, you can use the .htaccess file or put the directives in your httpd.conf. It looks something like this, assuming the .htaccess method: <Files upsset.cgi> deny from all allow from your.network.addresses </Files> You will probably have to set "AllowOverride Limit" for this directory in your server-level configuration file as well. If this doesn't make sense, then stop reading and leave this program alone. It's not something you absolutely need to have anyway. Assuming you have all this done, and it actually works (test it!), then you may add the following directive to this file: I_HAVE_SECURED_MY_CGI_DIRECTORY If you lie to the program and someone beats on your upsd through your web server, don't blame me. SEE ALSO
upsset.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSSET.CONF(5)