Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming fortran: segmentation fault when deallocating Post 302432249 by drl on Thursday 24th of June 2010 11:03:21 AM
Old 06-24-2010
Hi, Giogio.

Glad to hear it pointed you in the right direction.

There is always a balance between desired speed and risk. I think Niklaus Wirth recommended bounds checking on arrays particularly for a production code. The idea is that one's results are worthless, even dangerous, if they are produced quickly but incorrectly.

At a place I once worked specializing in big iron: Big iron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , we often said that if you don't care about the reliability of the answers, we can make the computation arbitrarily fast Smilie

In any event, -fbounds-check is a useful debugging feature.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

hello all, I tried a program on an array to intialise array elements from the standard input device.it is an integer array of 5 elements.but after entering the 4th element it throws a message called "Segmentation Fault" and returns to the command prompt without asking for the 5th element. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

2. AIX

Segmentation fault

Hi , During execution a backup binary i get following error "Program error 11 (Segmentation fault), saving core file in '/usr/datatools" Riyaz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rshaikh
2 Replies

3. Linux

Segmentation fault

Hi, on a linux Red HAT(with Oracle DB 9.2.0.7) I have following error : RMAN> delete obsolete; RMAN retention policy will be applied to the command RMAN retention policy is set to redundancy 2 using channel ORA_DISK_1 Segmentation fault What does it mean ? And the solution ? Many thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

5. Programming

segmentation fault

If I do this. Assume struct life { char *nolife; } struct life **life; // malloc initialization & everything if(life->nolife == 0) Would I get error at life->nolife if it is equal to 0. wrong accession? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
3 Replies

6. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

7. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Segmentation fault

Hi Guys, I just installed and booted a zone called testzone. When I logged in remotely and tried changing to root user I get this error: "Segmentation fault" Can someone please help me resolve this? Thanks alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

9. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
KEEPALIVED(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     KEEPALIVED(8)

NAME
keepalived - load-balancing and high-availability service SYNOPSIS
keepalived [-f|--use-file=FILE] [-P|--vrrp] [-C|--check] [-l|--log-console] [-D|--log-detail] [-S|--log-facility={0-7}] [-V|--dont-release-vrrp] [-I|--dont-release-ipvs] [-R|--dont-respawn] [-n|--dont-fork] [-d|--dump-conf] [-p|--pid=FILE] [-r|--vrrp_pid=FILE] [-c|--checkers_pid=FILE] [-v|--version] [-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
Keepalived provides simple and robust facilities for load-balancing and high-availability. The load-balancing framework relies on well-known and widely used Linux Virtual Server (IPVS) kernel module providing Layer4 load-balancing. Keepalived implements a set of checkers to dynamically and adaptively maintain and manage load-balanced server pool according their health. Keepalived also implements the VRRPv2 protocol to achieve high-availability with director failover. OPTIONS
-f, --use-file=FILE Use the specified configuration file. The default configuration file is "/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf". -P, --vrrp Only run the VRRP subsystem. This is useful for configurations that do not use IPVS load balancer. -C, --check Only run the healthcheck subsystem. This is useful for configurations that use the IPVS load balancer with a single director with no failover. -l, --log-console Log messages to the local console. The default behavior is to log messages to syslog. -D, --log-detail Detailed log messages. -S, --log-facility=[0-7] Set syslog facility to LOG_LOCAL[0-7]. The default syslog facility is LOG_DAEMON. -V, --dont-release-vrrp Don't remove VRRP VIPs and VROUTEs on daemon stop. The default behavior is to remove all VIPs and VROUTEs when keepalived exits -I, --dont-release-ipvs Don't remove IPVS topology on daemon stop. The default behavior it to remove all entries from the IPVS virtual server table on when keepalived exits. -R, --dont-respawn Don't respawn child processes. The default behavior is to restart the VRRP and checker processes if either process exits. -n, --dont-fork Don't fork the daemon process. This option will cause keepalived to run in the foreground. -d, --dump-conf Dump the configuration data. -p, --pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for parent keepalived process. The default pidfile for keepalived is "/var/run/keepalived.pid". -r, --vrrp_pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for VRRP child process. The default pidfile for the VRRP child process is "/var/run/keepalived_vrrp.pid". -c, --checkers_pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for checkers child process. The default pidfile for the checker child process is "/var/run/keepalived_checkers.pid". -v, --version Display the version and exit. -h, --help Display this help message and exit. SEE ALSO
keepalived.conf(5), ipvsadm(8) AUTHOR
This man page was written by Ryan O'Hara <rohara@redhat.com> November 2012 KEEPALIVED(8)