Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to delete an invalid file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers to delete an invalid file Post 302432219 by chxxangie on Thursday 24th of June 2010 08:47:45 AM
Old 06-24-2010
to delete an invalid file

there is a file is generated from my program due to undefined filename.

-rw-r--r-- 1 angie angie 8644055 Jun 22 09:17 Ô$ÿÿÿÿÿÆ

may i know how to delete this file..??? thanks in advance... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid Characters in the file.

I am working on AIX. We ftp files to a database. The flat files are having thousands of records and each record is having some 50 to 60 characters(there are fields having certain character length). In addition to some valid ascii characters some invalid characters like Å, å, Ä, ä or pipes creep in which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invalid Characters in the file.

I am working on AIX. We ftp files to a database. The flat files are having thousands of records and each record is having some 50 to 60 characters(there are fields having certain character length). In addition to some valid ascii characters some invalid characters like Å, å, Ä, ä or pipes creep in which... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the invalid records to error file

HI, I have a source file which has the below data. Tableid,table.txt sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table.txt sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove invalid database characters on a file

Hi All - I'm building a script wherein it is design to remove characters that are not accepted on a non-unicode database. Examples are the following: ï,¿,½,Â,é, etc. I can easily sed those characters one-by-one but I there's a problem when other unicode characters are found. Is there any way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jin_
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find invalid URL in a text file using shell script?

How to find and remove invalid URLs in a text file using shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Valid and invalid date in the file

Hi All, How to validate the 4th column,it is date column in the file, if it valid move to valid file else moved invalid file. 9f680174-cb87|20077337254|0|20120511|N 9f680174-cb88|20077337254|0|20120534|N i want two file valid.txt and invalid.txt Thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To get the invalid characters from a file

Hello, Can any one help me in below query to search all the invalid characters that UNIX cannot recognize from a file. can we do anything with the help of grep command or any other commands. Also, i am not sure what are the invalid characters present in the file. Many thanks in advance. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandru
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the Invalid records from a file using awk?

My Input file is fixed length record ends with . as end of the line and the character length is 4156 Example: 12234XYZ TY^4253$+00000-00000........... I need to check is there any control characters(like ^M,^Z) The line will be splitted awk '{id=substr($0,1,5) nm=substr($0,6,3)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
2 Replies

9. AIX

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected Help me what do I do? Если знаете русскии, пишите на нем. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islily
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for the invalid url in a file

Hello guys, Here i am writing a script to check for a valid url from a file,i am getting the valid url & i print it in a file and i want to print the invalid url also.how to do that? #here is my script if then URL=$(grep -E -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
2 Replies
restoretextmode(1)                                              Svgalib User Manual                                             restoretextmode(1)

NAME
restoretextmode - save or restore the SVGA registers for textmode. SYNOPSIS
restoretextmode {-r|-w} filename DESCRIPTION
The state of the SVGA is written to or restored from filename using the vga_gettextmoderegs(3) and vga_settextmoderegs(3) functions. As of this writing this file is 385 bytes long but this might change with future versions. Please do not fiddle with the contents of the file except when you know what you do. It might even result in hardware damage. Because of that, you should think twice to make this command available to all users on your system. The purpose of this program is usually to recover from a crashed console due to an svgalib, Xfree or other program bug. First save the state of the SVGA card when on a text console. After the crash restore this state. The savetextmode(1) and textmode(1) script makes this procedure very easy. OPTIONS
-w filename write the SVGA state to the file filename. -r filename restore the SVGA state from the file filename. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), vga_gettextmoderegs(3), vga_settextmoderegs(3), dumpreg(1), convfont(1), fix132x43(1), restore- font(1), restorepalette(1), runx(1), savetextmode(1), setmclk(1), textmode(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced utility as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 2 Aug 1997 restoretextmode(1)