Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VIOS SEA Creation
Operating Systems AIX VIOS SEA Creation Post 302432201 by bakunin on Thursday 24th of June 2010 07:42:49 AM
Old 06-24-2010
Depending on which AIX version you are using the following link may or may not apply to your problem:

IBM IZ03360: HDISK CANNOT BE CONFIGURED; FAILS WITH 0514-040 APPLIES TO AIX 5300-07 - United States

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

VIOS SEA on LHEA doesn't work

I am trying to create a SEA on a LHEA port and it gives me error lsdev -Cc adapter: ent0 logical host ethernet port (l-hea) ent1 virtual I/O ethernet adapter mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent1 -default ent1 -defaultid 199 method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea): Failed to configure SEA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

2. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to set 4 SEA on single VIOS

Hi experts, i got a 4-port Adapter card on VIOS and would like to configure 4SEA for 4 difference segment IP client's LPAR use, first SEA succeed to be configured on ent0 but once second SEA configured, first SEA fail to be connected. Any issues i need to be concerned in order to configure 4 SEA on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
8 Replies

4. AIX

Configure VIOS SEA w. load sharing

I am trying to install a VIOS pair with a load-sharing SEA adapter, following this recipe from Developerworks. Without load-sharing everything went fine and worked as expected, but somehow i am a bit lost and the first tries with "ha_mode=sharing" didn't work at all. Here is the situation: I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
6 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

SEA configuration

i want configure a SEA over my vios , i have a message error : Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea): Failed to configure SEA with return code 1 and SEA-specific error code 10: Detailed info: Setting real adapter ent1 in promiscuous mode failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedou
5 Replies

7. AIX

VIO SEA Adapters

hi guys BTW pretty new to VIO I inherited 2 I BM Power Server - blades PS701 - One is already configured using en8 # lsdev -Cc adapter | grep ent ent0 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent1 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent2 Available 04-20... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
8 Replies

8. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies

9. AIX

VIOS entstat versus seastat for SEA

Hello, I found that the packet counts given by entstat -d SEA is not the same as the total of the packet counts given by seastat -d SEA for the same interval of time. Do anyone have an explanation for the difference. We recently got a recommendation that the throughput on an SEA should not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N8R
5 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)