Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output trimming after 80 chars Post 302432117 by vinayakawasthi on Thursday 24th of June 2010 02:40:52 AM
Old 06-24-2010
Guru, it worked after I did
SET LONG 100
realised it was a clob type column...
thanks for your help !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trimming a file...

Hi everyone I have this script that appends a line to a file to log the running status of an application. I need to write another script to run as a scheduled job in cron to trim the first x number of lines of this file. Could someone give me an idea how to do this? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trimming the spaces

Hi, How can I remove the unwanted spaces in the line. 123456 789 ABC DEF. - I wanna remove the sapces in this line, I need the output 123456789ABCDEF. Pls help me...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming output

I'm trying to parse an output log and I've managed to reduce the output to the lines I need. But I'm having trouble pulling out only the info I'm interested in. The output is 40+ lines and here is a sample Installing AppFresh 0.8.5.pkg from ./InstallerFiles/CustomPKG/26 (26) Installing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaltekar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimming sequences

My file looks like this: But I would like to 'trim' all sequences to the same lenght 32 characters, keeping intact all the identifier (>GHXCZCC01AJ8CJ) Would it be possible to use awk to perform this task? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP stores unwanted chars to output file

I want to only store date of all files. However, the below script also store unwanted FTP related lines to output file. Could someone tell me how to ignore them (see output first 6 lines)? Thanks #Defining variables and assigning values USR='admin' PASSWD='abc'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming a string

Hi I need to trim white spaces from strings in a file. Input file is like this: 1_rrc_CatalogGroups.csv = 607 1_rrc_Sales_TopCatalogGroups.csv = 4 1_rrc_Sales_CatalogEntries_CatalogGroup_Rel.csv = 7 Need to trim space before and after = symbol. This is my script: #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming in between the words

Hi i have a log file P12345_15728710:DEBUG:Begin P12345_15728710:DEBUG:Being P12345_15729310:DEBUG:GetAgen P12345_15726510:DEBUG:end i want to trim this file and i want like this 15728710 15728710 15729310 15726510 i tried sed ..but not working.. sed "s/.*P12345__ \(.*\)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
ALTER VIEW - change the definition of a view SYNOPSIS
ALTER VIEW name ALTER [ COLUMN ] column SET DEFAULT expression ALTER VIEW name ALTER [ COLUMN ] column DROP DEFAULT ALTER VIEW name OWNER TO new_owner ALTER VIEW name RENAME TO new_name ALTER VIEW name SET SCHEMA new_schema DESCRIPTION
ALTER VIEW changes various auxiliary properties of a view. (If you want to modify the view's defining query, use CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW.) You must own the view to use ALTER VIEW. To change a view's schema, you must also have CREATE privilege on the new schema. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and that role must have CREATE privilege on the view's schema. (These restrictions enforce that altering the owner doesn't do anything you couldn't do by dropping and recreating the view. However, a superuser can alter ownership of any view anyway.) PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing view. SET/DROP DEFAULT These forms set or remove the default value for a column. A default value associated with a view column is inserted into INSERT statements on the view before the view's ON INSERT rule is applied, if the INSERT does not specify a value for the column. new_owner The user name of the new owner of the view. new_name The new name for the view. new_schema The new schema for the view. NOTES
For historical reasons, ALTER TABLE can be used with views too; but the only variants of ALTER TABLE that are allowed with views are equiv- alent to the ones shown above. EXAMPLES
To rename the view foo to bar: ALTER VIEW foo RENAME TO bar; COMPATIBILITY
ALTER VIEW is a PostgreSQL extension of the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE VIEW [create_view(7)], DROP VIEW [drop_view(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER VIEW(7)