Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Configure gmail in linux shell for sending email Post 302431997 by chebarbudo on Wednesday 23rd of June 2010 12:01:14 PM
Old 06-23-2010
Hi limadario,

The Google smtp uses port 587.

Hope this helps
Santiago

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachments using email through shell script

Hi all, I have written a shell script which sends emails with attachments to our clients. All our attachments are simple flat files (.txt format). The script is working fine and sending the attachments to the mail-ids except that, when i am sending the attachments to non-outlook users (Like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: symhonian
6 Replies

2. SuSE

How to configure Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0 for sending mails to smtp server...???

Hi All, I have a system running with Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0. xyz# uname -a Linux xyz 2.4.21-291-smp #1 SMP Tue May 24 14:07:45 UTC 2005 i686 unknown I would like to configure postfix on this system for sending mails as a root user using "mail" command to smtp server (Windows System)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email sending through a shell script

Hi everyone, I have a shell script that I use to send some emails with attachments. Based on the attachment file that is being sent, I choose the recipient. My file_list.txt looks like this CAJ.txt;sm@email.com KXLD.txt;jc@email.com I do a grep on this file to look for the file name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: memonks
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a shell script in cron...email not sending - help??

I am pretty new to Unix shell scripting, but wondered if anyone could help (in layman's terms if possible!!) :) I have a shell script which ultimately sends an alert to an email address if part of a batch of programs fails. Here's the script that sends the email: Script: 6check.csh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjhorwood
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from shell script

Hi, I need to send email from a shell script. i echoed some information to a file and i am doing cat command in the email syntax thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky1954
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exim4 sending via multiple gmail smtp accounts

I need to send mail using different gmail smtp logins, depending on the from header. I can put the appropriate expression in dc_smarthost to generate the host, but I don't know how to specify the login id. The login id comes from passwd.client and is associated with the server name. According to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Millwood
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Body content is in random format while sending email from Linux to my outlook.

Hi I have a script running in lunix machine which emails log file content to my outlook. Here is the actual log file result: Image-1 In-Master:25028 ReplicaDn Consumer Supplier Delay dc=xxx,dc=com lmjker0110:12345 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email in shell script

Can anyone help me out how to send the email without the word success while sending to the recipient. echo "success" | mailx -s "webshell instance has been started noiw" implementation@tkcl.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
8 Replies
PIUS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PIUS(1)

NAME
pius - PGP Individual UID Signer SYNOPSIS
pius [options] -s <signer-keyid> <keyid> [<keyid> ...] pius [options] -A -r <keyring-path> -s <signer-keyid> DESCRIPTION
pius The PGP Individual UID Signer (PIUS) is a tool for individually signing all of the UIDs on a set of keys and encrypt-emailing each one to it's respective email address. This drastically reduces the time and errors involved in signing keys after a keysigning party. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h or --help show this help message and exit -a or --use-agent Use pgp-agent instead of letting gpg prompt the user or every UID. [default: false] -A or --all-keys Sign all keys on the keyring. Requires -r. -b PATH or --gpg-path=PATH Path to gpg binary. [default: /usr/bin/gpg] -e or --encrypt-outfiles Encrypt output files with respective keys. -d or --debug Enable debugging output. -H HOSTNAME or --mail-host Hostname of SMTP server. [default: localhost] -i or --interactive Use the pexpect module for signing and drop to the gpg shell for entering the passphrase. [default: false] -I or --import Also import the unsigned keys from the keyring into the default keyring. Ignored if -r is not specified, or if it's the same as the default keyring. -m EMAIL or --mail Email the encrypted, signed keys to the respective email addresses. EMAIL is the address to send from. See also -H and -p. -M FILE or --mail-text Use the text in FILE as the body of email when sending out emails instead of the default text. To see the default text use --print- default-email. Requires -m. -n EMAIL or --override-email Rather than send to the user, send to this address. Mostly useful for debugging. -o OUTDIR or --out-dir Directory to put signed keys in. [default: /tmp/pius_out] -O or --no-pgp-mime Do not use PGP/Mime when sending email. -p or --cache-passphrase Cache private key passphrase in memory and provide it to gpg instead of letting gpg prompt the user for every UID. [default: true] -P PORT or --mail-port Port of SMTP server. [default: 25] -r KEYRING or --keyring The keyring to use. Be sure to specify full or relative path. Just a filename will cause GPG to assume relative to ~/.gnupg. [default: ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg] -s SIGNER or --signer The keyid to sign with (required). -S or --mail-tls Use STARTTLS when talking to the SMTP server. -t TMP_DIR or --tmp-dir Directory to put temporary stuff in. [default: /tmp/pius_tmp] -T or --print-default-email Print the default email. -u USER or --mail-user Authenticate to the SMTP server, and use username USER. You will be prompted for the password. Implies -S. -v or --verbose Be more verbose. AUTHOR
PIUS was written by Phil Dibowitz <phil@ipom.com> This manual page was written by Luke Cycon <lcycon@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). MARCH 2010 PIUS(1)