Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I Start JBoss automatically when boot my linux machine. Post 302431927 by ygemici on Wednesday 23rd of June 2010 08:45:30 AM
Old 06-23-2010
nothing is not Smilie

please take output
Code:

netstat -talpn| grep 80

and

if your apllication runs on oracle connection add below lines in your script

export ORACLE_BASE=where_your_oracle_dir
export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/oracle_client11g
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:where_your_jboss_home_dir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting postfix tyo start automatically

Postfix has an initscript just like sendmail did so while logged in as root, simply type: ntsysv and select postfix. The message above is from the Redhat postifx FAQ. I tried running ntsysv and postfix is not listed as a selection. I can start postfix manually without any problems, but I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmgrady01
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start Oracle database automatically

How to start Oracle database automatically when after SunSolaris is being re-booted? TIA, Greg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg0320
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Database can't start automatically on solaris

Hi, I have installed oracle 9i on solaris 10 sucessfully. I have configured listener & tnsname.ora file sucessfuly. Even i can start database manully by starting listener first and from sqlplus promt data base sucessfully. Now i want to start the database automatically after system reboots. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin Vaidya
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

boot the 32 bit kernel on a 64 bit PPC Linux machine?

Hi all, I'm looking to cover a corner case for an upcoming test cycle. Is there a way to boot a RedHat Advanced Server 4 (update 3) installed on a Power PC machine to use a 32 bit kernel? This would be similar to what is done here -> https://www.unix.com/aix/26204-aix-platform.html I've done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philrau
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time.

Hi masters, I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon automatically during boot up. I will be greatfull if anyone post some example code to the above task. Also what are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

How do I Start postgre SQL automatically when boot my linux machine

Can any body give me the script to start postgre SQL 8.3.1 when boot linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start some services automatically

Hello All i have a question related to some services,i want to start some services with server linux centos. i make "chkconfig httpd on" and "chkconfig asterisk on",but when i verify with chkconfig --list i found httpd 0: off 1: off 2: on 3: on 4: on 5: on 6:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernard12
6 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Customizing XUbuntu 12.04 Live CD - Start my Exe Automatically

Hi all http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/smiley-faces-80.gif, I am customizing the LIVE CD of Xubuntu 12.04.. I removed the ubiquity package and changed the live username and hostname using uck-gui.. I am almost done with the customization. Now after the splash screen , the text in motd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvss
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to start pc automatically when power comes (Server)?

Can anyone tell me how to start pc automatically when power comes, here I just want to start server automatically, on boot, my server starts automatically because I have written some startup commands in rc.local file but if power fails, then how can I boot automatically (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Start a service manager process automatically on startup

Hello, I am in the process of learning Linux OS. How do I run the below lines of code automatically as root on server startup. cd /opt/program_folder/ServiceManager/bin nohup ./servce_manager DEV & Currently, as soon as the server is up and running I log in as root (as this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies
EXPORT(P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							 EXPORT(P)

NAME
export - set the export attribute for variables SYNOPSIS
export name[=word]... export -p DESCRIPTION
The shell shall give the export attribute to the variables corresponding to the specified names, which shall cause them to be in the envi- ronment of subsequently executed commands. If the name of a variable is followed by = word, then the value of that variable shall be set to word. The export special built-in shall support the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, Section 12.2, Utility Syntax Guidelines. When -p is specified, export shall write to the standard output the names and values of all exported variables, in the following format: "export %s=%s ", <name>, <value> if name is set, and: "export %s ", <name> if name is unset. The shell shall format the output, including the proper use of quoting, so that it is suitable for reinput to the shell as commands that achieve the same exporting results, except: 1. Read-only variables with values cannot be reset. 2. Variables that were unset at the time they were output need not be reset to the unset state if a value is assigned to the variable between the time the state was saved and the time at which the saved output is reinput to the shell. When no arguments are given, the results are unspecified. OPTIONS
See the DESCRIPTION. OPERANDS
See the DESCRIPTION. STDIN
Not used. INPUT FILES
None. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
None. ASYNCHRONOUS EVENTS
Default. STDOUT
See the DESCRIPTION. STDERR
The standard error shall be used only for diagnostic messages. OUTPUT FILES
None. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
None. EXIT STATUS
Zero. CONSEQUENCES OF ERRORS
Default. The following sections are informative. APPLICATION USAGE
None. EXAMPLES
Export PWD and HOME variables: export PWD HOME Set and export the PATH variable: export PATH=/local/bin:$PATH Save and restore all exported variables: export -p > temp-fileunset a lot of variables... processing. temp-file RATIONALE
Some historical shells use the no-argument case as the functional equivalent of what is required here with -p. This feature was left unspecified because it is not historical practice in all shells, and some scripts may rely on the now-unspecified results on their imple- mentations. Attempts to specify the -p output as the default case were unsuccessful in achieving consensus. The -p option was added to allow portable access to the values that can be saved and then later restored using; for example, a dot script. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
Special Built-In Utilities COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 EXPORT(P)