Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers set -o vi not working in Solaris 9 Post 302431593 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 08:09:36 AM
Old 06-22-2010
what does the following command report on both systems?

Code:
echo $0

also look out for typos inside the .profile file. maybe create the file new with the settings from the working machine...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

set Working day in ksh

Hello guys it´s a pleasure to type with the unix community...I´m new in shell script and I need to insert into a #!/ksh a statment that will check if a file that I´ll receive from another script is arriving in the first working day of each month: let´s say that I´ll reveive the following files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -x not working

Hi, even after i am setting the trace on(set -x), trace is not printed. can you please tell me what is the error. below is the code & output. Thanks in advance, Harish ------------------------------------------------- test.sh ------------------------------------------------- #!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.madu
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Executable compiled on solaris 10 not working on solaris 9

Hi I compiled an executable on Solaris 10 which creates semaphore ( semget) but it didn't work on solaris 9 , while it is executing sucessfully on solaris 10. It is throwing the system error that Invalid arguments ( system error 22) on solaris 9. the ldd for the executable on two servers is as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

why the set rr='echo string|cut not working

I am new to the c shell script, can you let me know why the set rr= is not working. C shell script #! /bin/csh Set tt= 12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr='echo $tt | cut –d”_” -f1' syntax error (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign var with set=a[5] not working

Hi Experts, I'm having issue in assigning var with special character , please see below for complete details. $ echo $SHELL /bin/csh $ cat bp abd/asd/a $ awk -F "/" '{print $NF}' bp | awk '{print $1}' a $ set a=`awk -F "/" '{print $NF}' bp | awk '{print $1}'` $ echo $a ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -options not working inside for loop?

I'm a beginner in shell scripting (I'm using ksh). I'm manipulating some files and I'm using set -A to transform each read line into a numeric array. However, inside the 'for' loop the options of set (ie '-A') are not recognized (the vi editor doesn't highlight it and it doesn't work). Where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasumlolla
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash variable (set via awk+sed) not working as expected

Hi! Been working on a script and I've been having a problem. I've finally narrowed it down to this variable I'm setting: servername=$(awk -v FS=\/ '{ print $7 } blah.txt | sed 's\/./-/g' | awk -v FS=\- '{print $1}')" This will essentially pare down a line like this: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: creativedynamo
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to Set Prompt to current working DIR

HPUX does not recognise \h,\w,\u to display the hostname,working directory and username respectively. So how do i set the PS1 variable to display my current working Directory as my prompt? I also tried PS1=$PWD, But it keeps showing the same directory path as prompt which PWD was holding at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus Set Heading not Working

Hello, Could someone tell me why this still returns headings? echo "SELECT columnA from tableA group by columnA;" | sqlplus -s ${DB_CONNECT} set heading OFF | while read line do arr="$line" echo ${arr} let i=$i+1 done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowervz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash question: working with an array of previously set variable strings

while i've used arrays to work with variables, i've never used them to loop through a set of strings and wanted to ask the community for some feedback or assistance. let me be specific. here's my code: # URL port Variables port2195=`nc -z $url2195 2195` port2196=`nc -z $url2196 2196`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)