Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers set -o vi not working in Solaris 9 Post 302431543 by robbien on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 05:53:36 AM
Old 06-22-2010
set -o vi not working in Solaris 9

Hi
Got 2 solaris boxes - one uses set -o vi happily (put it in .profile)
The other reports: -o: bad option(s)
Both are solaris 9 and both users have $SHELL set to /bin/ksh

Any ideas??
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

set Working day in ksh

Hello guys it´s a pleasure to type with the unix community...I´m new in shell script and I need to insert into a #!/ksh a statment that will check if a file that I´ll receive from another script is arriving in the first working day of each month: let´s say that I´ll reveive the following files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -x not working

Hi, even after i am setting the trace on(set -x), trace is not printed. can you please tell me what is the error. below is the code & output. Thanks in advance, Harish ------------------------------------------------- test.sh ------------------------------------------------- #!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.madu
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Executable compiled on solaris 10 not working on solaris 9

Hi I compiled an executable on Solaris 10 which creates semaphore ( semget) but it didn't work on solaris 9 , while it is executing sucessfully on solaris 10. It is throwing the system error that Invalid arguments ( system error 22) on solaris 9. the ldd for the executable on two servers is as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

why the set rr='echo string|cut not working

I am new to the c shell script, can you let me know why the set rr= is not working. C shell script #! /bin/csh Set tt= 12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr='echo $tt | cut –d”_” -f1' syntax error (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign var with set=a[5] not working

Hi Experts, I'm having issue in assigning var with special character , please see below for complete details. $ echo $SHELL /bin/csh $ cat bp abd/asd/a $ awk -F "/" '{print $NF}' bp | awk '{print $1}' a $ set a=`awk -F "/" '{print $NF}' bp | awk '{print $1}'` $ echo $a ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -options not working inside for loop?

I'm a beginner in shell scripting (I'm using ksh). I'm manipulating some files and I'm using set -A to transform each read line into a numeric array. However, inside the 'for' loop the options of set (ie '-A') are not recognized (the vi editor doesn't highlight it and it doesn't work). Where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasumlolla
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash variable (set via awk+sed) not working as expected

Hi! Been working on a script and I've been having a problem. I've finally narrowed it down to this variable I'm setting: servername=$(awk -v FS=\/ '{ print $7 } blah.txt | sed 's\/./-/g' | awk -v FS=\- '{print $1}')" This will essentially pare down a line like this: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: creativedynamo
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to Set Prompt to current working DIR

HPUX does not recognise \h,\w,\u to display the hostname,working directory and username respectively. So how do i set the PS1 variable to display my current working Directory as my prompt? I also tried PS1=$PWD, But it keeps showing the same directory path as prompt which PWD was holding at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus Set Heading not Working

Hello, Could someone tell me why this still returns headings? echo "SELECT columnA from tableA group by columnA;" | sqlplus -s ${DB_CONNECT} set heading OFF | while read line do arr="$line" echo ${arr} let i=$i+1 done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowervz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash question: working with an array of previously set variable strings

while i've used arrays to work with variables, i've never used them to loop through a set of strings and wanted to ask the community for some feedback or assistance. let me be specific. here's my code: # URL port Variables port2195=`nc -z $url2195 2195` port2196=`nc -z $url2196 2196`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)