Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to edit clouds with gimp, artistic painting. Post 302431486 by zaxxon on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 04:01:00 AM
Old 06-22-2010
Maybe better visit a GIMP forum.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

The Attack of the Spiders from the Clouds

Tim Bass 07-31-2008 08:09 AM We have seen a lot of discussions of cloud computing in the news recently, as a technology to permit “users to access technology-enabled services*without knowledge of, expertise with, nor control over the technology infrastructure that supports them.”* *This sound... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

The Attack of the Spiders from the Clouds

We have seen a lot of discussions of cloud computing in the news recently, as a technology to permit "users to access technology-enabled services without knowledge of, expertise with, nor control over the technology infrastructure that supports them." This sound great doesn't it?! Users with... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Computing in the Clouds with AWS

Tim Bass 07-25-2008 02:34 AM The admin*team at The UNIX Forums*have been considering moving the UNIX and*Linux*Forums to the clouds - the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.* Amazon EC2 is one option to scale the forums, which is a*LAMP application.* Amazon EC2 allows*us to rent dedicated... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds

Hi all, Private, Public and Hybrid Clouds I'm now testing OpenStack; Home OpenStack Open Source Cloud Computing Software -Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) -Platform as a Service (PaaS) -Software as a Service (SaaS) It is an Open Source software. I'm interested to know whether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies
Data(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   Data(3)

NAME
Gimp::Data - Set and get state data. SYNOPSIS
use Gimp::Data; $Gimp::Data{'value1'} = "Hello"; print $Gimp::Data{'value1'},", World!! "; DESCRIPTION
With this module, you can access plugin-specific (or global) data in Gimp, i.e. you can store and retrieve values that are stored in the main Gimp application. An example would be to save parameter values in Gimp, so that on subsequent invocations of your plug-in, the user does not have to set all parameter values again (Gimp::Fu does this already). %Gimp::Data You can store and retrieve anything you like in this hash. It's contents will automatically be stored in Gimp, and can be accessed in later invocations of your plug-in. Be aware that other plug-ins store data in the same "hash", so better prefix your key with something unique, like your plug-in's name. As an example, the Gimp::Fu module uses "function_name/_fu_data" to store its data. This module might use a persistant implementation, i.e. your data might survive a restart of the Gimp application, but you cannot count on this. "Gimp::Data" will try to freeze your data when you pass in a reference. On retrieval, the data is thawed again. See Storable for more info. This might be implemented through either Storable or Data::Dumper, or not implemented at all (i.e. silently fail) ;) PERSISTANCE
"Gimp::Data" contains the following functions to ease applications where persistence for perl data structures is required: Gimp::Data::freeze(reference) Freeze (serialize) the reference. Gimp::Data::thaw(data) Thaw (unserialize) the dsata and return the original reference. LIMITATIONS
You cannot store references, and you cannot (yet) iterate through the keys (with "keys", "values" or "each"). AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), Gimp. perl v5.8.0 2001-12-06 Data(3)