Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: toggle bit
Top Forums Programming toggle bit Post 302431458 by pludi on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 03:00:14 AM
Old 06-22-2010
Invert it. See Wikipedia on Bitwise operation and your courses learning material.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Toggle Hidden Files Mac OS X

Hi all, I have been using Ubuntu for 2 years now, and a few days ago I bought a Macbook. This is my first time using a Mac, so I have spent the better of two days learning the user interface, and configuring my Macbook. One thing I noticed is that there is no easy way to turn on and off hidden... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omniwheel
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to toggle through dates by week

Hi, I need help to toggle through dates on a weekly basis to be fed into a script as inputs. The format should be: yyyy/mm/dd (start) yyyy/mm/dd (end), where end date is 7 days increments. The date (start) would be input as an ARGV and would continue until current date. I can check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhap
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Toggle Flag/Switch Value with Sed

I am trying to figure out a one liner to toggle a flag variable. eg. FLAG=0 Is there a way to use sed to toggle above example between 0 and 1. That is if run with flag set to zero it would change it to one if run again it would set it to zero. I thought I had it figured but the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsquared
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Wikipedia - Automated interface to the Wikipedia SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Wikipedia; my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## search for 'perl' my $result = $wiki->search( 'perl' ); ## if the entry has some text print it out if ( $result->text() ) { print $result->text(); } ## list any related items we can look up print join( " ", $result->related() ); DESCRIPTION
WWW::Wikipedia provides an automated interface to the Wikipedia <http://www.wikipedia.org>, which is a free, collaborative, online encyclopedia. This module allows you to search for a topic and return the resulting entry. It also gives you access to related topics which are also available via the Wikipedia for that entry. INSTALLATION
To install this module type the following: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install METHODS
new() The constructor. You can pass it a two letter language code, or nothing to let it default to 'en'. ## Default: English my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); ## use the French wiki instead my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'fr' ); WWW::Wikipedia is a subclass of LWP::UserAgent. If you would like to have more control over the user agent (control timeouts, proxies ...) you have full access. ## set HTTP request timeout my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new(); $wiki->timeout( 2 ); You can turn off the following of wikipedia redirect directives by passing a false value to "follow_redirects". language() This allows you to get and set the language you want to use. Two letter language codes should be used. The default is 'en'. my $wiki = WWW::Wikipedia->new( language => 'es' ); # Later on... $wiki->language( 'fr' ); follow_redirects() By default, wikipeda redirect directives are followed. Set this to false to turn that off. search() Which performs the search and returns a WWW::Wikipedia::Entry object which you can query further. See WWW::Wikipedia::Entry docs for more info. $entry = $wiki->search( 'Perl' ); print $entry->text(); If there's a problem connecting to Wikipedia, "undef" will be returned and the error message will be stored in "error()". random() This method fetches a random wikipedia page. error() This is a generic error accessor/mutator. You can retrieve any searching error messages here. TODO
o Clean up results. Strip HTML. o Watch the development of Special:Export XML formatting, eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/perl SEE ALSO
o LWP::UserAgent AUTHORS
Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003-2011 by Ed Summers This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-04-05 WWW::Wikipedia(3pm)