Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Freeze user in one directory
Operating Systems AIX Freeze user in one directory Post 302431457 by Mr.AIX on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 02:58:32 AM
Old 06-22-2010
Freeze user in one directory

Guy's

I have user calld appuser

home directory of this user is : /app/application

when this user login , user will be direct under this directory /app/application

I want to keep and freeze this user in his home directory to be able to access only his home directory and denied it to access any other directories

for exsample I want to denied that user to access /usr , /root , /var .... etc

only has access to his home directory

Please assist and advice in this regard !

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to trace the module after system freeze?

Hi, I wrote a kernel module that did a virtual network protocol and library that provide interface for application use to interact with the kernel module by ioctl actions. insmod the module and unload the module, there will be no problem. But once I call the library with my example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

3. SCO

Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi, My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
4 Replies

4. SCO

SCO 6.0 Freeze

Hi Gurus I have installed SCO 6.0 open server on Dell R710 server. It has frozen three times afte installtion. and I had to cold reboot to bring the server back again. I need to know where to look for the reason it froze. The keyboard on the server the asterisk key is pressed, even... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
13 Replies

5. Linux

grub2 startup freeze

I got a dual boot with grub2, but everytime I turn on the computer and the booter is loaded, I can't handle the menu, so I am forced to wait the countdown and choose the default option. I'd really like to know why! This is my grub.cfg, # # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE # # It is automatically... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 install freeze

Hi, I tried to boot the Solaris 11 install DVD the other day and I can't get past the "SunOS" text banner on the clear/newscreen. It just hangs with a solid block cursor. I have a new computer and that might be the problem, but what I want is more verbosity maybe, some kind of detailed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eax
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Freeze system

hello is there any freeze software for Linux-redhat system to prevent any changes on /root (wish open topic on right forum) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies

8. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)