Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renaming files based on data in a spreadsheet Post 302431423 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 12:47:13 AM
Old 06-22-2010
Code:
awk 'NR==1{split($0,S);next}{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print "mv",S[i]"/*"(NR-1),S[i]"/"$i}' infile | sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting HTML data into a spreadsheet

Hi, I have a perl script that prints some data in the form of a table (HTML table) Now, I want to be able to convert this data into a report on an Excel sheet. How can I do this? Regards, Garric (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Files Based on Contents

Hello everyone, I currently have a situation which is causing me some issues for keeping up with certain files. I will explain this to the best of my abilities. I have a list of files as follows 50_REPORT_1111 - file contains the word Car 50_REPORT_2222 - file contains the word House... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate report based on data in files.

Hi All, I need to develop a shell script which does sanity check of a data file, as below. 1. For DATE columns, it should check if date is given in proper format or not? For example, if format of date is expected as DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS and we received the date in formation like DDMMYYYY HH24,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

data for spreadsheet

I'm pulling down some LUN usage data once per day. I store the data in a file name that matches the name of the LUN. Then I just append new usage amounts to the same file each day. Filename might be serv01_luna, serv01_lunb, serv01_lunc, etc, etc. Inside the file it would like the following... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwcasey
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading 2 CSV files and filtering data based on group

I have two CSV files in the following format: First file: GroupID, PID:TID, IP, Port Sample data: 0,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 0,-1:-1,127.0.0.1,800 1,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 1,-1:-1,127.0.0.1,900 2,1000:11,127.0.0.1,445 2,-1:-1,180.0.0.3,900 Second file: IP,Port,PID Sample data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_arxmind
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me pls : splitting single file in unix into different files based on data

I have a file in unix with sample data as follows : -------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------- {30001002|XXparameter|Layout|$ I want this file to be splitted into different files and corresponding to the sample... (54 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
54 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on writing data from 2 different files to one based on a common factor

Hello all, I have 2 text files. For example: File1.txt contains data A B C D ****NEXT**** X Y Z ****NEXT**** L M N and File2.txt contains data (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create file based on data from two other files

I have looked through several threads regarding merging files with awk and attempted using join however have been unsuccessful likely as I do not fully understand awk. What I am attempting is to take a csv file which could be between 1 and 15,000 lines with 5 colums and another csv file that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdubu2
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get information from one files, based on data from other file

Hello. I am trying to get some info from log file. I have fileA , which contains all the country prefixes (the file contains one column and "n" rows ). And i have fileB, which contains huge data of phone numbers (the file contains one column and "n" rows). What i want to do is, to count... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonfly85
7 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)