Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: logs to check
Operating Systems Solaris logs to check Post 302431331 by vkav on Monday 21st of June 2010 02:30:14 PM
Old 06-21-2010
sorry ...........
the disks lights are green ...
i am new so i have no idea about restore procedure...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is it possible to check logs in UNIX who deleted the files?

Hello, is it possible to check logs in UNIX who deleted the files? Is there logs in UNIX besides .sh_history? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: james_falco
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether logs are updating or not?

how to check whether logs are updating or not in unix is there any built in command or function ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Solaris

archive logs mount point space check script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check logs

I have 5 log files under different directores . say for eg abc under /home/dir1 , xyz under home/dir2 . is there a script that i can run from say /home that searchers all these files for string or combination of strings and write to a file eg search file by timestamp|keyword o/p in a file (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check for updation/error/stuck of logs

Hi All, I'm a newbie in Linux Programming.:) Got some 500 processes running and I have around 20-30 logs updating for every 2mins on a server. The logs which i'm referring usually contains book name,run ids(not PID's),process name etc etc. I'm interested in finding out whether some particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nand Kishor
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX idea needed to check the logs updated date and time

Hi with the help of Gabriel canepa, i have just edited filename only in his code. The help which i got and he helped is 1) I have around 22 logs and each log should be updated in the last 24 hours from the current timestamp. 2) It should check for ERROR message (not error,Error) in the log and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check logs

I have nearly 25+ tail commands which we need to verify the logs if there is any errors on current or previous date with time. I need this to be automate and send email to me with details. Please help me on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nasir HussainSM
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any utility or tool to check logs

HI, In our project daily we need to check for some errors in around 45-50 folders. Please let me know if there is any utility tool using which 1 can check each folder and file for error. Use: Monday we are checking if there were any error in files generated on Monday Tuesday to Wednesday we... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankush_mehra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check response time from nginx logs

Hi, My goal is to monitor the response time from the access logs of nginx server. I am using gawk to print the needed fields - 'response time' and 'name of the service' from nginx logs. Command: gawk '($6 ~ /cloudservice/) {print $10, $6}' access.log Output: 0.645 /nc/cloudservice... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshah11
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if a file is open and in use (logs are being written to it)

Hello Experts, I need to write a shell script to check if a file is open and something is being written to it. I want to know how OS handles it. I checked with lsof command but it is not working. For a test I did this. while true; do echo `date` >>abc.txt; done then I checked lsof |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
5 Replies
aset.restore(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  aset.restore(1M)

NAME
aset.restore - restores system files to their content before ASET is installed SYNOPSIS
aset.restore [-d aset_dir] DESCRIPTION
aset.restore restores system files that are affected by the Automated Security Enhancement Tool (ASET) to their pre-ASET content. When ASET is executed for the first time, it saves and archives the original system files in the /usr/aset/archives directory. The aset.restore utility reinstates these files. It also deschedules ASET, if it is currently scheduled for periodic execution. See asetenv(4). If you have made changes to system files after running ASET, these changes are lost when you run aset.restore. If you want to be abso- lutely sure that you keep the existing system state, it is recommended that you back-up your system before using aset.restore. You should use aset.restore, under the following circumstances: You want to remove ASET permanently and restore the original system (if you want to deactivate ASET, you can remove it from schedul- ing). You are unfamiliar with ASET and want to experiment with it. You can use aset.restore to restore the original system state. When some major system functionality is not working properly and you suspect that ASET is causing the problem; you may want to restore the system to see if the problem persists without ASET. aset.restore requires root privileges to execute. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d aset_dir Specify the working directory for ASET. By default, this directory is /usr/aset. With this option the archives directory will be located under aset_dir. FILES
/usr/aset/archives archive of system files prior to executing aset ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWast | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
aset(1M), asetenv(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 11 Oct 1991 aset.restore(1M)