Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Limit ouput file on a shell script Post 302431271 by pointer on Monday 21st of June 2010 09:38:40 AM
Old 06-21-2010
rolling Log file

Just keeping last 10 MB.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a limit to the no. of arguments to a shell script ?

What is the maximum no. of arguments that could be passed to a shell script ? Is there any restriction ? I've a requirement where I need to pass a list of names to a unix script and I guess the number of such names is not a fixed one. It can run into hundreds. Is this feasible ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to eliminate left and right fields and to get the ouput.

Hi Experts, I have a file as given below and want to filter out the filenames in it , by deleting left and right filds and to have the fllenames (There are spaces in the filename), Sun Jan 11 11:20:10 2009 1 0 /home/output/file2311_recent.list user1 user2 0 done Sun Jan 11 11:20:10 2009 1 0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

View ouput as a file

Hi all , I have a view in teradata , the ouput of that view have to be stored as a file with delimitere as '|'.Is there any possibility of doing this in unix ? Thanks in advance , Vinoth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh shell script 'set' argument limit?

Hi , I have a script that is causing a problem that led me to think if there is a limit to the number of arguments for 'set' command in csh shell script. Here is my script: #!/bin/csh -f set top = design_top #1 set v_mbist = ( sim_mbist/*.v ) #2 set v_simlist = ( -v... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a file in shell script if its size exceeds limit?

How can i remove a file using shell script when its size exceeds 10MB. Given that file is located in different location to the shell script where it is running? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wget ouput to log file

Hi all The following code will update the Dynamic DNS server at Namecheap.com. wget -O 'https://dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/update?host=www&domain=example.com&password=your DDNS password'Would like to append the output to a log file using >> /path/path/logfile at the end of the command. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRChamberlain
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting ouput into a file using redirection

Hallo Team, I would like to redirect an output from a file into another file. Here are the two commands/files. -bash-3.2$ cat lack.csv lemontwistpax -bash-3.2$ ll -ltr BW*|tail -1 -rw-r--r-- 1 mind mind 1844 Sep 25 12:06... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script has different ouput via cron vs when run Manually

Hello Lads, I deployed a script on my mac to start and stop EC2 instances on AWS console. The script when started manually on the terminal does the expected stop and start. Problem is when i try to schedule it on a cron, it fails to recognize the AWS Keys which i set up as ENV variable by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script ouput conversion

Hi All, I am trying to print all the packages info in solaris 11 using below script. #!/usr/bin/env bash pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' > /tmp/cp1 /usr/bin/nawk -F: ' {for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {gsub (/^ *| *$/, "", $i) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
5 Replies
SoTempPath(3)							       Coin							     SoTempPath(3)

NAME
SoTempPath - The SoTempPath class is used to store temporary paths. The path simply turns off auditing in the constructor, and leaves the user with the responsibility of keeping the path valid. SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/misc/SoTempPath.h> Inherits SoFullPath. Public Member Functions SoTempPath (const int approxlength) void simpleAppend (SoNode *const node, const int index) void replaceTail (SoNode *const node, const int index) Detailed Description The SoTempPath class is used to store temporary paths. The path simply turns off auditing in the constructor, and leaves the user with the responsibility of keeping the path valid. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation SoTempPath::SoTempPath (const intapproxlength) Constructor. Member Function Documentation void SoTempPath::simpleAppend (SoNode *constnode, const intindex) Append a node (specified by node and parent child index) to the path. This method is only available in SoTempPath, since it will not consider auditing or hidden children. void SoTempPath::replaceTail (SoNode *constnode, const intindex) Replace the tail of this path. The node is specified by node and parent child index. This method is only available in SoTempPath,, since it will not consider auditing or hidden children. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SoTempPath(3)