Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash, ssh and expect to multiple ip addresses Post 302431245 by Tuxidow on Monday 21st of June 2010 08:17:59 AM
Old 06-21-2010
Try this...

Code:
#!/bin/sh

stty -echo;
read -p "Input password:" A;
stty echo;
echo;
ip_address_list=/tmp/ip_address_list.txt

for HOST in `cat $ip_address_list`
do
echo "Connecting to $HOST"
expect -c "set timeout -1;\
spawn ssh $HOST -l root \"whoami;id;pwd\";\ #you can type any commands you want...
match_max 100000;\
expect *password:*;\
send -- $A\r;\
interact;"
echo "Finished job on $HOST"

done

This User Gave Thanks to Tuxidow For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Multiple Functions over SSH (BASH)

I am trying to write a script that will ssh into a remote machine and recurse through a specified directory, find mp3 files which may be two or three directories deep (think iTunes: music/artist/album/song.mp3), and scp them back to the machine running the script. The script should also maintain... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybg00de
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i send mail to multiple addresses in same domain in bash?

Suppose i have a txt file that is the list of the addresses,something like: lala0045 john james lala0234 george james and i want to send an email to lala0045@blabla.com and lala0234@blabla.com,the same domain...what is the exact syntax i should use in my script? there is a command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect, SSH and multiple passed commands

Hey Everyone, I have found this script online that has almost all the features I am looking for. However, I do not know enough expect to debug the problem. http://linuxgazette.net/100/misc/tips/sshtool.expect.txt First, it Traps out after it collects the user's password. I do not know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patchsmyle
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script to block IP addresses

I am using a bash script for CentOS 5.5, I found one and modified it, however I want to block the incoming IP addresses and ALLOW the IP addresses that are blocked to send out email. I will use an internal network range for an example, 10.10.10.0/24 (if a lot of spam is incoming) from this range... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grifs71
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays that compare ip addresses.

I've been trying to have an array of ip addresses go through a loop one at a time. Then compare if the current element is in another array of ip addresses. I've traced my error with /bin/bash -x + for c in '"${ip}"' ./netk5: line 65: 50.17.231.23 23.64.146.110 23.64.159.139 107.14.36.129... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to ping multiple ip addresses?

Hi, I have ip addresses from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.10. I have to ping those series of IP address in single command? Which command i can use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cisco, 2 ssh logins for expect /bash

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintin
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Expect /bash, 2 ssh login users

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quintin
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)