Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX broken fileset bos.net.ipsec.keymgt Post 302431136 by raba on Monday 21st of June 2010 04:02:14 AM
Old 06-21-2010
broken fileset bos.net.ipsec.keymgt

hi Guys,

after an TL update from ML3 to TL10, bos.net.ipsec.keymgt fileset got broken. Although IPsec is not used, we like to all installations identical.

After removing the fileset, I tried to reinstall with options overwrite or 'automatically install prereq.' The installation fails.

Anyone an idea how to install this fileset?

Code:
Command: failed        stdout: yes           stderr: no

Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below.

geninstall -I "a -cgNQqwXY -V2 -J"  -Z   -d . -f File 2>&1

File:
    I:bos.net.ipsec.keymgt         5.3.10.0

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
                    Pre-installation Verification...
Verifying selections...done
Verifying requisites...Verifying requisites...done
Results...

FAILURES
--------
  Filesets listed in this section failed pre-installation verification
  and will not be installed.

Requisite Failures
  ------------------
  SELECTED FILESETS:  The following is a list of filesets that you asked to
  install.  They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets
  are also installed.  See subsequent lists for details of requisites.

#1 bos.net.ipsec.keymgt 5.3.10.0            # IP Security Key Management

<< End of Failure Section >>

BUILDDATE Verification ...
Verifying build dates...done
FILESET STATISTICS
------------------
    1  Selected to be installed, of which:
        1  FAILED pre-installation verification
  ----
    0  Total to be installed

Pre-installation Failure/Warning Summary
----------------------------------------
Name                      Level           Pre-installation Failure/Warning
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bos.net.ipsec.keymgt      5.3.10.0        Requisite failure

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

fileset missing

Hello I need to install this fileset on a server with Aix 5.1 bos.perf.diag_tool bos.perf.libperfstat I go to the link http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/genunix3/aixfixes.html and i find this fileset but the last version thatīs what i need the lastest one for both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

2. AIX

bos.rte missing or broken

Dear Members, Recently we migrate from AIX 5.2 to AIX 5.3, before migration system state was stable but after migration when I check system state with lppchk command it shows bos.rte v=5, r<3 file sets are missing but when I check bos.rte by lslpp command it is present and in committed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
11 Replies

3. AIX

fileset for aix

Hello I was looking for this fileset "devices.fcp.changer" I looking on the cd media but I cant findt it. The version of Aix is 6.1 All this is because Im trying to connect a disk from Hitachi, everything its look to be fine. but when Im type cfgmgr I got this message. cfgmgr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

4. AIX

See Fileset Changelog

Hello, I have two AIX 5.3 systems. One is at Technology Level 6 Service Pack 5, and the other is Technology Level 12 Service Pack 3. I was hoping to find a changelog of fixes made for a specific fileset (bos.net.tcp.server) between these two versions, but I can only seem to find changes made in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iissmart
3 Replies

5. AIX

Question about bos.net

Hello everyone, I'm runnign a report and I have several "unowned" files under the /usr/lpp/bos.net directory. Can anyone explain what exactly is bos.net? I've googled it but all I see is"bos.net.tcp client" I would like to have e clear idea of what bos.net id. I'm seeing that those files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
2 Replies

6. AIX

Missing base level fileset for "bos.loc.utf.EN_US"

I need to install "bos.loc.utf.EN_US" in AIX ( version 6100-06-05-1115). I found the right bff U845493 and I smitty to install it and encountered the "missing requisites" error in which missing the "base level fileset" . And I couldn't find this fileset from the Internet for long. Do any one able... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshcheng
2 Replies

7. AIX

Missing Base level fileset of bos.adt.debug

I need to install "bos.adt.debug" in AIX ( version 6100-06-05-1115). I found the right bff U818918 and I smitty to install it and encountered the "missing requisites" error as attached in which missing the "base level fileset" bos.adt.debug 6.1.0.0. And I couldn't find this fileset from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshcheng
3 Replies

8. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to install bos.net.NFS.server 7.1.x.x ??

Hello Everyone, I am in quite a deliema, where do I get bos.net.nfs.server 7.1.0.0 from?? I am running AIX 7.1.3.3 & PowerHA 7.1.3 on this server. #lslpp -l |grep nfs bos.net.nfs.client 7.1.3.15 COMMITTED Network File System Client cluster.es.nfs.rte ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorkhali
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need fileset bos.adt.lIBM from AIX 5.3 (or just lIBM.a)

Hello, I'm in search of libm.a (from fileset bos.adt.libm) for AIX 5.3. It comes on the AIX 5.3 OS installation CD. The eBay reseller who pre-installed AIX 5.3 on my RS/6000 P43 didn't include this optional fileset when installing. I've been round and round with IBM sales (who send me to tech... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bminear
1 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-a] [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -a run all tests Normally tests for optional features are skipped. With -a all tests are executed. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary `$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version `$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory `$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module `bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl header `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; Correct by running h2ph over your system's C header files. If necessary, edit the resulting *.ph files to eliminate perl syntax errors. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.12.1 2010-07-01 PERLIVP(1)