Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filtering text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering text Post 302431062 by kenshinhimura on Monday 21st of June 2010 12:10:26 AM
Old 06-21-2010
yes, i want those 4 lines or 3 lines,,

---------- Post updated at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:04 PM ----------

also if you grep a test, how can you display the above and its below???
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering text from a string

I'm trying to write a script which prints out the users who are loged in. Printing the output of the "users" command isn't the problem. What I want is to filter out my own username. users | grep -v (username) does not work because the whole line in which username exists is suppressed. If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cozmic
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another text filtering question

I want to remove everything from a file but the word following the search word. Example: crap crap crap crap SearchWord WordToKeep crap crap crap How would I do this with say awk or grep? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DethLark
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

text processing and filtering scripting

Still new to bash. Using debian lenny 5, bash version 3.2.39. I'm working on three scripts. I need help completing them. One script that inputs a plain text file, echo then chop it up into separate whitespace-delimited strings as an output. Not sure how to do this... for example, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l20N1N
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to do some filtering

I have to grep a pattern. scenario is like :- Suppose "/etc/sec/one" is a string, i need to check if this string contains "one" using any utility something like if /etc/sec/one | grep ; then Thanks in advance Renjesh Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering out text with awk

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilekyle
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and filtering multiline text into comma separated line

I have a log file that contains several reports with following format. <Start of delimiter> Report1 header Report1 header continue Report1 header continue Record1 header Record1 header continue Record1 header continue field1 field2 field3 field4 ------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

7. AIX

Need help with filtering

Hi!! I have a bit of a task here and filtering/scripting not my strongest. I have to collect info of approx 1100 hdiskpower.so i have appended all the hdisk into a text file and i need it to run the command lscfg -vl to confirm if the drive is symmetrix. here's what i have so far at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

text filtering

INPUT FILE: Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:00 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 00 16 28 B 120: 00 00 00 39 53 32 86 29 Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:10 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 01 11 22 B 120: 00 00 00 29 23 32 16 29 Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:20 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 02 17 29 B 120: 00 00 35 51 42 66 14 Date: 10-JUN-12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering data from text to csv

Hello, Is there a way to filerter data from a text file as shown below to a Column e.g. hostname nfsmount as two separate column. Currently I could get hostname and the mount is appearing below.. using this script #! /bin/bash for i in `cat fqdn.txt` do echo "$i ............ " >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cy Pqa
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering text with awk

I need to filter a file that is composed like that: >Cluster 0 0 292nt, >last294258;size=1;... * >Cluster 1 0 292nt, >last111510;size=1;... * 1 290nt, >last136280;size=1;... at -/98.62% 2 292nt, >last217336;size=1;... at +/99.66% 3 292nt, >last280937;size=1;... at -/99.32% >Cluster 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro88
6 Replies
GMTLOGO(1gmt)						       Generic Mapping Tools						     GMTLOGO(1gmt)

NAME
gmtlogo - Adding a GMT graphics logo overlay to an illustration SYNOPSIS
gmtlogo dx dy [ -Gfill ] [ -W[pen] ] >> plot.ps DESCRIPTION
This scrips appends the GMT logo to an "open" PostScript file. The logo is 2 inches wide and 1 inch high and will be positioned with the lower left corner at the position (dx,dy) relative to the current plot origin. OPTIONS
-G Select color or pattern for filling the underlying box [Default is no fill]. (See SPECIFYING FILL below). -W Set pen attributes for the outline of the box [Default is no outline]. (See SPECIFYING PENS below). SPECIFYING PENS pen The attributes of lines and symbol outlines as defined by pen is a comma delimetered list of width, color and texture, each of which is optional. width can be indicated as a measure (points, centimeters, inches) or as faint, thin[ner|nest], thick[er|est], fat[ter|test], or obese. color specifies a gray shade or color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below). texture is a combination of dashes `-' and dots `.'. SPECIFYING FILL fill The attribute fill specifies the solid shade or solid color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below) or the pattern used for filling polygons. Patterns are specified as pdpi/pattern, where pattern gives the number of the built-in pattern (1-90) or the name of a Sun 1-, 8-, or 24-bit raster file. The dpi sets the resolution of the image. For 1-bit rasters: use Pdpi/pattern for inverse video, or append :Fcolor[B[color]] to specify fore- and background colors (use color = - for transparency). See GMT Cookbook & Technical Reference Appendix E for information on individual patterns. SPECIFYING COLOR color The color of lines, areas and patterns can be specified by a valid color name; by a gray shade (in the range 0-255); by a decimal color code (r/g/b, each in range 0-255; h-s-v, ranges 0-360, 0-1, 0-1; or c/m/y/k, each in range 0-1); or by a hexadecimal color code (#rrggbb, as used in HTML). See the gmtcolors manpage for more information and a full list of color names. SEE ALSO
GMT(1), gmtcolors(5), psimage(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 GMTLOGO(1gmt)