Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filtering text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filtering text Post 302431061 by guruprasadpr on Monday 21st of June 2010 12:01:53 AM
Old 06-21-2010
Hi
Are you trying to say you want everything other than the "=================================================" line?

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering text from a string

I'm trying to write a script which prints out the users who are loged in. Printing the output of the "users" command isn't the problem. What I want is to filter out my own username. users | grep -v (username) does not work because the whole line in which username exists is suppressed. If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cozmic
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another text filtering question

I want to remove everything from a file but the word following the search word. Example: crap crap crap crap SearchWord WordToKeep crap crap crap How would I do this with say awk or grep? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DethLark
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

text processing and filtering scripting

Still new to bash. Using debian lenny 5, bash version 3.2.39. I'm working on three scripts. I need help completing them. One script that inputs a plain text file, echo then chop it up into separate whitespace-delimited strings as an output. Not sure how to do this... for example, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l20N1N
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to do some filtering

I have to grep a pattern. scenario is like :- Suppose "/etc/sec/one" is a string, i need to check if this string contains "one" using any utility something like if /etc/sec/one | grep ; then Thanks in advance Renjesh Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering out text with awk

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilekyle
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and filtering multiline text into comma separated line

I have a log file that contains several reports with following format. <Start of delimiter> Report1 header Report1 header continue Report1 header continue Record1 header Record1 header continue Record1 header continue field1 field2 field3 field4 ------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

7. AIX

Need help with filtering

Hi!! I have a bit of a task here and filtering/scripting not my strongest. I have to collect info of approx 1100 hdiskpower.so i have appended all the hdisk into a text file and i need it to run the command lscfg -vl to confirm if the drive is symmetrix. here's what i have so far at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

text filtering

INPUT FILE: Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:00 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 00 16 28 B 120: 00 00 00 39 53 32 86 29 Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:10 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 01 11 22 B 120: 00 00 00 29 23 32 16 29 Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:20 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 02 17 29 B 120: 00 00 35 51 42 66 14 Date: 10-JUN-12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering data from text to csv

Hello, Is there a way to filerter data from a text file as shown below to a Column e.g. hostname nfsmount as two separate column. Currently I could get hostname and the mount is appearing below.. using this script #! /bin/bash for i in `cat fqdn.txt` do echo "$i ............ " >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cy Pqa
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering text with awk

I need to filter a file that is composed like that: >Cluster 0 0 292nt, >last294258;size=1;... * >Cluster 1 0 292nt, >last111510;size=1;... * 1 290nt, >last136280;size=1;... at -/98.62% 2 292nt, >last217336;size=1;... at +/99.66% 3 292nt, >last280937;size=1;... at -/99.32% >Cluster 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro88
6 Replies
auto-apt(1)						      General Commands Manual						       auto-apt(1)

NAME
auto-apt - on demand package installation tool SYNOPSIS
auto-apt [options] [command] [args...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the auto-apt commands. auto-apt is a program that checks file access of programs running within auto-apt environments. If a program will access a file of unin- stalled package, auto-apt will install the package containing the file, by using apt-get. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h Usage. -s No action, perform a simulation of action. -y Automatic yes to prompt. -q Quiet -i Don't install in background process. -x Disable X interface. -X Enable X interface. Run apt-get in another x-terminal-emulator if you run in X environments. -a [dist[,dist...]] Select installable distribution from main,contrib,non-free,non-US or none. If you set "-a none", it means almost same as "-s". -p [hook[,hook...]] Select hook functions from exec,open,access,stat or none If you set "-p none", it means almost same as "-s". -D [dbfile] Change dbfile from default /var/cache/auto-apt/pkgcontents.db -F [filedb] Change filedb from default /var/cache/auto-apt/pkgfiles.db, which is generated by auto-apt update-local commands. It is used as default dbfile for commands with -local postfix. In many cases, it is used with -L option to detect file access -L [record.lists] Append file access data to record.lists file. COMMANDS
A summary of command is included below. run [command] Run command controlled by auto-apt. If command is not specified, user's shell will be used. update [ -a ] Recreate dbfile from sources.list information. dbfile can be specified by -D option. With -a option, all files are stored in dbfile. Note that dbfile become too big with -a option. update-local [ -a ] Generate filedb from installed package information. filedb can be specified by -F option. With -a option, all files are stored in dbfile. Note that dbfile become too big with -a option. merge [ -a ] Merge package,filename information to dbfile, which can be specified by -D option. With -a option, all files are stored in dbfile. Note that dbfile become too big with -a option. del package Delete file information of package from dbfile database. check [-v] [-f] file Check which package provides file, from dbfile database. options: -v means verbose. -f uses Contents-*.gz file instead of dbfile database. install [-s] [-d] [-u] [-y] [-v] file Try to install a package that provides file by using apt-get. You need root privilege to run apt-get install. list [-v] [-f] List file information in dbfile database. options: -v means verbose. -f uses Contents-*.gz file instead of dbfile database. search [-v] [-f] pattern Search file information by grep(1) pattern in dbfile database. options: -v means verbose. -f uses Contents-*.gz file instead of dbfile database. debuild [debuildopts] Run debuild(1) in auto-apt environments, and show Build-Depends: estimation. Recommended to use with -s option of auto-apt. status Show whether current environment is in auto-apt or not. FILES
o /etc/auto-apt/paths.list path lists o /var/cache/auto-apt cache/database directory o /etc/auto-apt/sources.list sources.list for auto-apt. if not found, symlink to apt-get's sources.list will be created. ENVIRONMENTS
o AUTO_APT_CACHEDIR override default cache/database directory BUGS
Known bugs. See /usr/share/doc/auto-apt/BUGS. and/or http://bugs.debian.org/auto-apt AUTHOR
This program was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, inspired by idea/comments from Debian Guru (debian.gr.jp) and Project Dice members. 29 Jun 2000 auto-apt(1)