Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Memory Barriers for (Ubuntu) Linux (i686) Post 302430998 by fpmurphy on Sunday 20th of June 2010 11:01:55 AM
Old 06-20-2010
Code:
In my system, if I had a massive 100-core machine, I would only create 100 threads, if I had a 8 cores- 8 threads, 16 cores -16 threads etc. There is a 1:1 mapping of cores to threads where each thread runs on a designated core.

Just out of curiosity how are you going to ensure that each thread runs on a designated core? And have you thought through the overhead of attempting to ensure that each thread runs on a designated core?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory-waste in Ubuntu/Debian?

I have 512 mem on this laptop, though 'top' tells me I only have 380. However, Ubuntu is using 288 mb of memory, when I only have 3 terminals, running lynx, vim(for this file) and (of course) top. Considering it I have lynx running a 600 page txt file, which of course would eat some memory but 300?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

2. Linux

i686, x86 64, ppc

Hi, i am quite new to linux. I am interested in fedora linux distro. Fedora Project I dont know which one to choose, either i686, x86 64 or ppc. I prefer a live cd, coz its easy to use. And what is the difference between "Fedora Desktop Live Media" and "Fedora KDE Live Media". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superblacksmith
3 Replies

3. Programming

Getting the total virtual memory for ubuntu in c++

Hi guys , i need to get the total virtual memory in ubuntu but i need to write a C++ code for that, any idea on how to go about doing it? any references? or website that i can refer to ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
6 Replies

4. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies
PAPI_hw_info_t(3)						       PAPI							 PAPI_hw_info_t(3)

NAME
PAPI_hw_info_t - Hardware info structure. SYNOPSIS
Data Fields int ncpu int threads int cores int sockets int nnodes int totalcpus int vendor char vendor_string [128] int model char model_string [128] float revision int cpuid_family int cpuid_model int cpuid_stepping int cpu_max_mhz int cpu_min_mhz PAPI_mh_info_t mem_hierarchy int virtualized char virtual_vendor_string [128] char virtual_vendor_version [128] float mhz int clock_mhz int reserved [8] Field Documentation int PAPI_hw_info_t::clock_mhz Deprecated int PAPI_hw_info_t::cores Number of cores per socket int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpu_max_mhz Maximum supported CPU speed int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpu_min_mhz Minimum supported CPU speed int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpuid_family cpuid family int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpuid_model cpuid model int PAPI_hw_info_t::cpuid_stepping cpuid stepping PAPI_mh_info_t PAPI_hw_info_t::mem_hierarchy PAPI memory heirarchy description float PAPI_hw_info_t::mhz Deprecated int PAPI_hw_info_t::model Model number of CPU char PAPI_hw_info_t::model_string[128] Model string of CPU int PAPI_hw_info_t::ncpu Number of CPUs per NUMA Node int PAPI_hw_info_t::nnodes Total Number of NUMA Nodes float PAPI_hw_info_t::revision Revision of CPU int PAPI_hw_info_t::sockets Number of sockets int PAPI_hw_info_t::threads Number of hdw threads per core int PAPI_hw_info_t::totalcpus Total number of CPUs in the entire system int PAPI_hw_info_t::vendor Vendor number of CPU char PAPI_hw_info_t::vendor_string[128] Vendor string of CPU char PAPI_hw_info_t::virtual_vendor_string[128] Vendor for virtual machine char PAPI_hw_info_t::virtual_vendor_version[128] Version of virtual machine int PAPI_hw_info_t::virtualized Running in virtual machine Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for PAPI from the source code. Version 5.2.0.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 PAPI_hw_info_t(3)