Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting use of parenthesis() in shell programming Post 302430957 by daudiam on Sunday 20th of June 2010 03:51:31 AM
Old 06-20-2010
Thanks a lot !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Programming

I have a fix_table.ksh script that takes a TABLENAME and a date. So, in jk_table_file.txt I have the tables...one per line, and in jk_out_file.txt I have the date in the format I need. The following doesn not 'want' to work in a shell script... for TABLE in `cat jk_table_file.txt`; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWK1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

another sed question about parenthesis

hi, I'm trying to use sed to erase everything, up to, and including, the first closing parenthesis. for example: input: blah blah blah (aldj) test (dafs) test test. output: test (dafs) test test. how would i do this? I was fooling around with the parenthesis, and i only got it to apply to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammaman
5 Replies

3. Programming

how to check parenthesis in MSVC++

how do i turn on the option to check for opening and closing parenthesis in Microsoft VC++? I remember there is a setting somewhere in the options in the MS VC++ environment but not sure.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse data between parenthesis using shell script

Hi I am using shell script and i need to parse the data between parenthesis.How do i do it using shell script. Ex: section(name). I want to extract name from the above string using shell script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie_s
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup between parenthesis

Hi, I am trying to clean up data between parenthesis () in a file. See example below.... Input File : (New York) Chicago (London) New York (Chicago) London New York Chicago (London) (New York) (Chicago) (London) New York (Chicago) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract first argument in parenthesis

I have a file that, among other things, contains a tuple with words and the word count. I want to make a list of the words only. Ex: My file words.txt looks like: 0.1 sw-wn 9 - n: 97/903 p: 107/893neg: (film,771.1) | (movie,717.1) | (like,690.1) | (just,621.1) | (it's,607.1) | (time,543.1) |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinbot
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help adding parenthesis

I have the following data and want to put parenthis around the numbers: PARTITION PERIOD_MIN VALUES LESS THAN 10649 TABLESPACE ODS_DAILY_MF_AUM, PARTITION PERIOD_10649 VALUES LESS THAN 10650 TABLESPACE ODS_DAILY_MF_AUM, PARTITION PERIOD_10650 VALUES LESS THAN 10651 TABLESPACE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from a close and open parenthesis?

Hi Gurus, I have an input like the one below. What i wanted to achieved is to create a select statement based from that information INPUTInsert into table_name (col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,DATE1,DATE2,col6,col7,col8,col9,col10,col11) values (6752,14932156,24,'ALL','Staff',to_date('04/17/2017... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces between parenthesis ()

Hello, i 've go a file with the following text: oracle@das (J005) 0 oracle@das (J008) 0 oracle@das (J050) 0 oracle@das (J038) ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
15 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)