Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitoring script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring script Post 302430915 by firestar on Saturday 19th of June 2010 04:02:04 PM
Old 06-19-2010
@pseudocoder

Thank you for the reply........

But, I dont have root previlages. to edit /etc/rc3.d i need to have root previlages .....

Is there any other way to do it ......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring script

hi can someone help me to write a script to monitor the growth of the directory running at 5 hours interval and then pipe it to a file :(? i only know the manual command "du -sk" and the worst i dun know anything about script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

monitoring script

i have a unix batch written in c, dealing with really time-consuming database operations i want to write a ksh script to monitor its performance. which items i should monitor? do you have any suggestions? 1)cputime 2)swap area 3)pmem 4) 5) what else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Monitoring Script

Hi, I want to write a script that will monitor cpu,mem usage and disk usage for entire day and data will be redirected to file, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Monitoring Script

Dear All, I am new to Shell Programming, but I need a script which will monitor the different IP's in the live logs. Condition:- The script will monitor the logs continously and should print only those IP's which exists more than 3 times per day. Please do help me. Thanks and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archivelog monitoring Script

Could anyone please help? I have written a small program that's actually working fine for me and extracting all the details I required. What code does is, it goes to all archivelog directories and see if archivelog backup was failed or successful <<CODE>> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Monitoring script

Hi Gurus, Currently I am learning UNIX through online forums and unix blogs. I have the below requirement. I need to write a script to monitor server processes. For example, there are 3 processes currently running on the server.(java, pmrepagent, pmserver). If any of the process goes down,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

monitoring script

Hi, I ned to monitor the memory for the red-hat machine,when its reaches a threshold value like 2GB then a mail should be sent as soon as it finds the the value is met can you suggest me which is the best way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch in monitoring script without bind password written in script

Hi I do a very simple monitoring of our OpenLDAP (runs in cronjob and generate alerts if unsuccessfull) $ ldapsearch -h hostname.domain -D "cn=monitor_user,ou=People,dc=organisation" -w "password" -b "dc=organisation" -x "(&(cn=monitor_user)(ou=People))" dn | grep -v version dn:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Script

Hello All, I have written a script which will grep for error codes in a file and if the count for the same is about 500 it will send and smpp alert. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash #########################################################################################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a monitoring script

I currently have a shellscript to check the size of a filesystem and email me if the size is over a certain percentage (80%). I have this script on crontab and executes the shell every 10 mins. I have the above in place on 8 servers. It so happens that a file system on one of the servers is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goddevil
1 Replies
xcb_query_tree(3)						   XCB Requests 						 xcb_query_tree(3)

NAME
xcb_query_tree - query the window tree SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/xproto.h> Request function xcb_query_tree_cookie_t xcb_query_tree(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_window_t window); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_query_tree_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_window_t root; xcb_window_t parent; uint16_t children_len; uint8_t pad1[14]; } xcb_query_tree_reply_t; Reply function xcb_query_tree_reply_t *xcb_query_tree_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_query_tree_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors xcb_window_t *xcb_query_tree_children(const xcb_query_tree_request_t *reply); int xcb_query_tree_children_length(const xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_query_tree_children_end(const xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. window The window to query. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_QUERY_TREE. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). root The root window of window. parent The parent window of window. children_len The number of child windows. DESCRIPTION
Gets the root window ID, parent window ID and list of children windows for the specified window. The children are listed in bottom-to-top stacking order. RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_query_tree_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_query_tree_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_query_tree_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. EXAMPLE
/* * Displays the root, parent and children of the specified window. * */ void my_example(xcb_connection *conn, xcb_window_t window) { xcb_query_tree_cookie_t cookie; xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply; cookie = xcb_query_tree(conn, window); if ((reply = xcb_query_tree_reply(conn, cookie, NULL))) { printf("root = 0x%08x ", reply->root); printf("parent = 0x%08x ", reply->parent); xcb_window_t *children = xcb_query_tree_children(reply); for (int i = 0; i < xcb_query_tree_children_length(reply); i++) printf("child window = 0x%08x ", children[i]); free(reply); } } SEE ALSO
xcb-requests(3), xcb-examples(3), xwininfo(1) AUTHOR
Generated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_query_tree(3)