Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls grep query
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers ls grep query Post 302430903 by tmn0004676 on Saturday 19th of June 2010 01:07:37 PM
Old 06-19-2010
thanks for that....I'm going to have a think about it down the pub!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query on grep command

Hai Friends Can anyone provide me a grep command to print x to y lines in a file. For example: grep command to display 15th line to 21st Thanks in advance Collins (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding grep

In what cases the following command ignores lines in input file: $ grep -c "^" inputfile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicon007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command query

Hi I have file like this: Sun Jan 24 03:00:00 2010: *** Weekly Process - get_ens_files.pl START *** Sun Jan 24 03:00:00 2010: *** *** Sun Jan 24 03:00:00 2010: *************************************************** Sun Jan 24 03:00:11 2010: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep query

As part of my never-ending nagios automation project I am need to implement the following run line into a loop; -bash-3.00$ grep ${feed} /usr/local/feed/service/clients/*/bin/* | awk -F/ '{print "To restart: /"$2"/"$3"/"$4"/"$5"/"$6"/"$7"/"$8"/"$9}' Which prints to screen; To restart:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/sed query

Hi all, I have one query,in my script,i give one input like sectionname that enclose with and that will search in specific file in specific directory.If found ,then it's search next section and begin of section ,sometext means different sectionname. p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6 I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query related to grep

Hi All, The result for 'grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl' command will be saved at aa.txt grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl >aa.txt But I am not sure, whether, all result stored in .txt file in case of multi-line result. Please revert back if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbankar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command query

list ALL file entries with a last modification date of September 20. using grep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polineni
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep query

Hi, What does this line do grep -E 'ORA-' $LIN_TOP/log/status.log > /dev/null 2>&1 Does this check in status.log and in std out, stderr also.? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File grep quick query

Hi Experts, I need some suggestion on file grep. I am trying to find multiple pattern with the file grep as below grep "2013" trace.log | grep -f pattern.cfg -i > $LOG if ; then mail -s "Exception" "sample@abc.com" < $LOG fi Is it possible to obtain what pattern I got in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
5 Replies
sysevent_get_vendor_name(3SYSEVENT)			  System Event Library Functions		       sysevent_get_vendor_name(3SYSEVENT)

NAME
sysevent_get_vendor_name, sysevent_get_pub_name, sysevent_get_pid - get vendor name, publisher name or processor ID of event SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lsysevent [library ...] #include <libsysevent.h> char *sysevent_get_vendor_name(sysevent_t *ev); char *sysevent_get_pub_name(sysevent_t *ev); pid_t sysevent_get_pid(sysevent_t *ev); PARAMETERS
ev handle to a system event object DESCRIPTION
The sysevent_get_pub_name() function returns the publisher name for the sysevent handle, ev. The publisher name identifies the name of the publishing application or kernel subsystem of the sysevent. The sysevent_get_pid() function returns the process ID for the publishing application or SE_KERN_PID for sysevents originating in the ker- nel. The publisher name and PID are useful for implementing event acknowledgement. The sysevent_get_vendor_name() function returns the vendor string for the publishing application or kernel subsystem. A vendor string is the company's stock symbol that provided the application or kernel subsystem that generated the system event. This information is useful for filtering sysevents for one or more vendors. The interface manages the allocation of the vendor and publisher name strings, but it is the caller's responsibility to free the strings when they are no longer needed by calling free(3MALLOC). If the new vendor and publisher name strings cannot be created, sysevent_get_ven- dor_name() and sysevent_get_pub_name() return a null pointer and may set errno to ENOMEM to indicate that the storage space available is insufficient. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Parse sysevent header information. The following example parses sysevent header information from an application's event handler. char *vendor; char *pub; void event_handler(sysevent_t *ev) { if (strcmp(EC_PRIV, sysevent_get_class_name(ev)) != 0) { return; } vendor = sysevent_get_vendor_name(ev); if (strcmp("SUNW", vendor) != 0) { free(vendor); return; } pub = sysevent_get_pub_name(ev); if (strcmp("test_daemon", pub) != 0) { free(vendor); free(pub); return; } (void) kill(sysevent_get_pid(ev), SIGUSR1); free(vendor); free(pub); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3MALLOC), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Mar 2004 sysevent_get_vendor_name(3SYSEVENT)