Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add the flag
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add the flag Post 302430891 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 19th of June 2010 11:23:29 AM
Old 06-19-2010
use cron

1. edit the script to add:
Code:
. /etc/profile
. ~/.profile

This makes the environment in cron match what you have interactively.

use crontab -e and add this
Code:
1 1 * * * /home/me/myscript.sh 2&>1 > /home/me/myscript.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx Issue with -r flag

I've used "mailx -r return@address" before many times for automated scripts, but when I try to use it on FreeBSD, I get "mailx: illegal option -- r". Is there another version of mailx I should be using to get this to work? The full command I'm trying to run is: mailx -s "Load Results $(date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superdelic
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

the flag -c in sh command

I need your help please. In a production system, i've seen many running process as follow: sh -c ./pathname/shellname what exactly the flag option -c is used for? ive tried to look at the man page, but it doesnt say much. ill appreciate yor help. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

3. AIX

Checking for flag in a subscript?

I want to incorportae a subscript in a job script which is used for loading purposes. What i require is that before a job runs it should check for a flag ,if flag is not present then create it and the loading should start. Once loading finishes it should delete the flag. So if any other load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bathla
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

-ansi flag support for g++

I have been compiling a cpp program using following command: g++ -c -ansi a.cpp with g++ version 4.1.2. I want to know the significance of the -ansi flag and which other higher g++ version supports this flag by default Dhiraj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhiraj kurhade
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Time of FLAG

Hi, I am first sorry to ask for that, but I am in trouble so I hope you will be agreed to help me on this. I am solaris (ksh). I have a lots of file but I only need to get the date and time of the flag files. Here is the "ls -lrt" view : ls -lrt | grep Flag_Saturne_R*Return ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
3 Replies

6. AIX

du flag -x

Hi, I would like to know if there's any option to use with the du command so that I can list only the files/directories on the current filesystem... I usually use du -gs *But I'd like to see only the directories in the filesystem I am on, and not the mount point directory of other fss... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Casey
6 Replies

7. AIX

Flag issue

Hi all, We dont have access to aix source code and i have a doubt. The flag SC_NO_RESERVE, is it got to do anything with the failover? If the flag is set the paths are going to failed state. If flag is not set everything comes up fine after failover. Thanks in advance for helping ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnakul
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'h' flag in du

Hey, all! Why is the "human readable" flag changing the behavior of du? And while I'm at it, can you make du only look at files, not directories. I often find myself wanting to find the largest file(s) in a dir or vol. Using 'find' itself, it seems you have to at least be able to guess the size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flag duplicate enteries

Morning Unix Guru's, I have written a script which output the contents of a DB. No the DB is not clever to check this or flag and there is no command for the tool to flag this, which human intervention. But i need to check to see if there are duplicate enteries in the file output and flag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the id with specify flag

.... means multi line ddd,bug fgdrg dfdfsdfdfsd fsdfdfdfd fdfdsfdsfsd ....... flag2 ...... aaa,bug sfsfsfsfs dfdfsdfdfsd fsdfdfdfd fdfdsfdsfsd ...... flag1 ...... ddd,bug fgdrg dfdfsdfdfsd (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies
SYSTEMD-SUSPEND.SERVICE(8)                                    systemd-suspend.service                                   SYSTEMD-SUSPEND.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-suspend.service, systemd-hibernate.service, systemd-hybrid-sleep.service, systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service, systemd-sleep - System sleep state logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-suspend.service systemd-hibernate.service systemd-hybrid-sleep.service systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service /lib/systemd/system-sleep DESCRIPTION
systemd-suspend.service is a system service that is pulled in by suspend.target and is responsible for the actual system suspend. Similarly, systemd-hibernate.service is pulled in by hibernate.target to execute the actual hibernation. Finally, systemd-hybrid-sleep.service is pulled in by hybrid-sleep.target to execute hybrid hibernation with system suspend and pulled in by suspend-then-hibernate.target to execute system suspend with a timeout that will activate hibernate later. Immediately before entering system suspend and/or hibernation systemd-suspend.service (and the other mentioned units, respectively) will run all executables in /lib/systemd/system-sleep/ and pass two arguments to them. The first argument will be "pre", the second either "suspend", "hibernate", "hybrid-sleep", or "suspend-then-hibernate" depending on the chosen action. Immediately after leaving system suspend and/or hibernation the same executables are run, but the first argument is now "post". All executables in this directory are executed in parallel, and execution of the action is not continued until all executables have finished. Note that scripts or binaries dropped in /lib/systemd/system-sleep/ are intended for local use only and should be considered hacks. If applications want to react to system suspend/hibernation and resume, they should rather use the Inhibitor interface[1]. Note that systemd-suspend.service, systemd-hibernate.service, and systemd-hybrid-sleep.service systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service should never be executed directly. Instead, trigger system sleep states with a command such as "systemctl suspend" or similar. Internally, this service will echo a string like "mem" into /sys/power/state, to trigger the actual system suspend. What exactly is written where can be configured in the "[Sleep]" section of /etc/systemd/sleep.conf or a sleep.conf.d file. See systemd-sleep.conf(5). OPTIONS
systemd-sleep understands the following commands: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. suspend, hibernate, hybrid-sleep, suspend-then-hibernate Suspend, hibernate, suspend then hibernate, or put the system to hybrid sleep. SEE ALSO
systemd-sleep.conf(5), systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd.special(7), systemd-halt.service(8) NOTES
1. Inhibitor interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/inhibit systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SUSPEND.SERVICE(8)