Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System date sudden change
Operating Systems Solaris System date sudden change Post 302430872 by incredible on Saturday 19th of June 2010 08:09:03 AM
Old 06-19-2010
is your system using any NTP setup?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Change System Date

Hi, anybody know how to change the system date which the year is greater than 2037? is it posibble been done under aix machine?? thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ricole
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

3. Solaris

change system date in solaris

dears any one know how to change system date in solaris (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change of System Date format

I have this T5220 server with Solaris 10 installed on to it. Now when I fire the command "date" the o/p I get is as follows : bash-3.00# date Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:25:24 PM IST whereas I want the date to appear in this format: bash-3.00# date Tue Feb 9 19:26:06 IST 2010 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksahay@123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

Can someone help me with the code wherein there is a file f1.txt with different column and 34 column have expiry date and I need to get that and compare with system date and if expiry date is <system date remove those rows and other rows should be moved to new file f2.txt . I don't want to delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuti
2 Replies

9. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

I m working on shell scripting and I m stuck where in my .txt file there is column as expiry date and I need to compare that date with system date and need to remove all the rows where expiry date is less than system date and create a new .txt with update. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stuti
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change existing date to current date in a filename?

Suppose i have a list of files in a directory as mentioned below 1. Shankar_04152019_ny.txt 2. Gopi_shan_03122019_mi.txt 3. Siva_mourya_02242019_nd.txt .. . . . . 1000 . Jiva_surya_02282019_nd.txt query : At one shot i want to modify the above all filenames present in one path with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
4 Replies
TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)						  timesyncd.conf						 TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)

NAME
timesyncd.conf, timesyncd.conf.d - Network Time Synchronization configuration files SYNOPSIS
/etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf /run/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf /usr/lib/systemd/timesyncd.conf.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
These configuration files control NTP network time synchronization. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
The default configuration is defined during compilation, so a configuration file is only needed when it is necessary to deviate from those defaults. By default, the configuration file in /etc/systemd/ contains commented out entries showing the defaults as a guide to the administrator. This file can be edited to create local overrides. When packages need to customize the configuration, they can install configuration snippets in /usr/lib/systemd/*.conf.d/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. The main configuration file is read before any of the configuration directories, and has the lowest precedence; entries in a file in any configuration directory override entries in the single configuration file. Files in the *.conf.d/ configuration subdirectories are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the subdirectories they reside in. When multiple files specify the same option, for options which accept just a single value, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name takes precedence. For options which accept a list of values, entries are collected as they occur in files sorted lexicographically. It is recommended to prefix all filenames in those subdirectories with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. To disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. OPTIONS
The following settings are configured in the "[Time]" section: NTP= A space-separated list of NTP server host names or IP addresses. During runtime this list is combined with any per-interface NTP servers acquired from systemd-networkd.service(8). systemd-timesyncd will contact all configured system or per-interface servers in turn until one is found that responds. When the empty string is assigned, the list of NTP servers is reset, and all assignments prior to this one will have no effect. This setting defaults to an empty list. FallbackNTP= A space-separated list of NTP server host names or IP addresses to be used as the fallback NTP servers. Any per-interface NTP servers obtained from systemd-networkd.service(8) take precedence over this setting, as do any servers set via NTP= above. This setting is hence only used if no other NTP server information is known. When the empty string is assigned, the list of NTP servers is reset, and all assignments prior to this one will have no effect. If this option is not given, a compiled-in list of NTP servers is used instead. RootDistanceMaxSec= Maximum acceptable root distance. Takes a time value (in seconds). Defaults to 5 seconds. PollIntervalMinSec=, PollIntervalMaxSec= The minimum and maximum poll intervals for NTP messages. Each setting takes a time value (in seconds). PollIntervalMinSec= must not be smaller than 16 seconds. PollIntervalMaxSec= must be larger than PollIntervalMinSec=. PollIntervalMinSec= defaults to 32 seconds, and PollIntervalMaxSec= defaults to 2048 seconds. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-timesyncd.service(8), systemd-networkd.service(8) systemd 237 TIMESYNCD.CONF(5)