Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find user owner of the most recently file in the system Post 302430769 by Guccio on Saturday 19th of June 2010 03:49:19 AM
Old 06-19-2010
I have solved in this way:

Code:
find / -type f | xargs ls -alrt | cut -f 2 | tail -n 1

The output is:

Code:
-rw------- 1 root  operator    7111  Jun 18 22:01 /root/.viminfo

How can I obtain from this output only the owner of this file?[COLOR="#738fbf"]

---------- Post updated at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:47 AM ----------

Solved SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

Code:
find / -type f | xargs ls -alt |  tail -n 1 | awk '{print $3}'

Last edited by Guccio; 06-19-2010 at 06:14 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Owner of file gets 'not owner' error for chgrp

Hi Folks, I know that changing users and groups is pretty basic admin, but this one has got me stumped. When I try to change the group of a file for which I am the owner for, it still gives me a 'Not owner' error. For example, when I am logged in as 'webadmin', I have the following file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brizrobbo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know owner of a file without ls and find command

How to know owner of a file without ls and find command :p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find recently modified/ updated file

hi gurus, i would like to know how can i find logs files which were recently modified or updated? :confused: using this command? find . -name "*.log" -mtime ?? so what should i put for mtime? thanks. wee (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find most recently modified directories

How do I do it? Simple answers preferred... using BASH.. the less code the better. I want to find out where Indesign is caching PDF tmp data ... I figure this is a good way to do it.. either way i wanna know how to do it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How can we find out who are all logged out recently?

Hi, I need to find out who are all the users logged out recently or some minutes or some hours ago. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the user with less number of files in the system

Good morning everybody, I'm using Minix and I want to find the user with less number of files in the system I have tried this solution: #! /bin/sh indice=0 listaCut=$(cut -f 3 -d : /etc/passwd) for USER in $listaCut; do cont=0 listaFind=$(find / -user "${USER}" -type -f) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find recently changed files

Hi, Can you guys tell me how do i find the most recently changed files, say an hour before, few hours before, a day before etc.... Thanks!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a user on the system

i am prompting for a name to search. read user if then however, i get this error: please enter a username on the system: fool menu_script2.sh: line 123: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Privileges : modify dir/file owner by other that's not owner

i need to do the following operations in solaris 10: 1.change owner and group owner for files which are not owned by the current user and user group 2.to can delete files in the /tmp directory which are not of the current user 3. allow to a standard user the deletion of files in the /tmp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirmark
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the owner user of each folder in a list

Hello I have a file containing the list of different folders like this file_list.txt: /s8/tests/test1 /s8/tests/tests/test2 /s8/tests/test2 /s8/tests/tests/test2/test5 I want a script to put the owner user of each folder in front of it in the text file. So the reult would become... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
5 Replies
NWDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NWDIAG(1)

NAME
rackdiag - generate rack-structure-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
rackdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rackdiag commands. rackdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit. --version show program's version number and exit. -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter. -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE. -o FILE write diagram to FILE. -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram. -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://blockdiag.com/en/nwdiag/ AUTHOR
rackdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 11, 2011 NWDIAG(1)