Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues with an exact match using regex in perl! Post 302430744 by durden_tyler on Friday 18th of June 2010 02:29:02 PM
Old 06-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffisandy
Code:
ADDCHECK=`echo -n 'sandy@test.com' | perl -wln -e 'print if /(^[a-zA-Z0-9\w+\.\_\-]*\@test.com$)/i'`

Now ADDCHECK is getting null value, please help me out !!!

Are you sure ? It works fine for me.

What's your shell and OS ?

Code:
$
$
$ echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
$
$
$ echo -n 'sandy@test.com' | perl -wln -e 'print if /(^[a-zA-Z0-9\w+\.\_\-]*\@test.com$)/i'
sandy@test.com
$
$
$ echo $ADDCHECK
$
$
$ ADDCHECK=`echo -n 'sandy@test.com' | perl -wln -e 'print if /(^[a-zA-Z0-9\w+\.\_\-]*\@test.com$)/i'`
$
$
$ echo $ADDCHECK
sandy@test.com
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl exact match

How to emulate grep -o option in perl. I mean to print not all line, only the exact match. echo "2A2 BB" | perl -ne 'print if /2A2/' 2A2 BB I want to print only 2A2. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact match in Perl

Hi By using select clause I'm trying to pull out the rows to a variable. If the variable has 0 row(s) selected then i'm printing some text message else printing some other text message if($xyz =~ m/0 row/) { print "0 rows "; } else { print " There are rows"; } By my problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdreddy34
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep regex, match exact string which includes "/" anywhere on line.

I have a file that contains the 2 following lines (from /proc/mounts) /dev/sdc1 /mnt/backup2 xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/backup xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 I need to match the string in the second column exactly so that only one result is returned, e.g. > grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Help required exact match

Hello, My requirement is to iterate over all the lines of a file and compare them with a word and perform some operations if exact match is found. For the snippet below, it works even if contents of line include "diff" and "diff:". I want it to work only if it is exactly "diff" and is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex string match issue..kindly help

i have a script in which i need to skip comments, and i am able to achieve it partially... IN text file: {**************************** {test : test...test } Script: while (<$fh>) { push ( @data, $_); } if ( $data =~ m/(^{\*+$)/ ){ } With the above match i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avskrm
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Regex for Search and Replace that has a flexible match

Hi, I'm trying to match the front and back of a sequence. It works when there is an exact match (obviously), but I need the regex to be more flexible. When we get strings of nucleotides sometimes their prefixes and suffixes aren't exact matches. Sometimes there will be an extra letter and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regex to match Exact port number (netstat command)

Hi All, We have this regex:\\*.*?(.600).*?.(LISTEN|ESTABLISHED) OS = Solaris 10 The purpose of this regex is to match the ports in output of "netstat -an" and report if any ports between 6000-6009 are getting used. The only problem is if I have something like this (sample output as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Test::Harness::Results(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Test::Harness::Results(3pm)

NAME
Test::Harness::Results - object for tracking results from a single test file SYNOPSIS
One Test::Harness::Results object represents the results from one test file getting analyzed. CONSTRUCTION
new() my $results = new Test::Harness::Results; Create a test point object. Typically, however, you'll not create one yourself, but access a Results object returned to you by Test::Harness::Results. ACCESSORS
The following data points are defined: passing true if the whole test is considered a pass (or skipped), false if its a failure exit the exit code of the test run, if from a file wait the wait code of the test run, if from a file max total tests which should have been run seen total tests actually seen skip_all if the whole test was skipped, this will contain the reason. ok number of tests which passed (including todo and skips) todo number of todo tests seen bonus number of todo tests which unexpectedly passed skip number of tests skipped So a successful test should have max == seen == ok. There is one final item, the details. details an array ref reporting the result of each test looks like this: $results{details}[$test_num - 1] = { ok => is the test considered ok? actual_ok => did it literally say 'ok'? name => name of the test (if any) diagnostics => test diagnostics (if any) type => 'skip' or 'todo' (if any) reason => reason for the above (if any) }; Element 0 of the details is test #1. I tried it with element 1 being #1 and 0 being empty, this is less awkward. Each of the following fields has a getter and setter method. o wait o exit perl v5.10.0 2007-12-18 Test::Harness::Results(3pm)