Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find user owner of the most recently file in the system Post 302430743 by Franklin52 on Friday 18th of June 2010 02:15:00 PM
Old 06-18-2010
Use the search function, there are a lot of threads regarding this topic:

Google Search Results for most recent file | The UNIX and Linux Forums
This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Owner of file gets 'not owner' error for chgrp

Hi Folks, I know that changing users and groups is pretty basic admin, but this one has got me stumped. When I try to change the group of a file for which I am the owner for, it still gives me a 'Not owner' error. For example, when I am logged in as 'webadmin', I have the following file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brizrobbo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know owner of a file without ls and find command

How to know owner of a file without ls and find command :p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find recently modified/ updated file

hi gurus, i would like to know how can i find logs files which were recently modified or updated? :confused: using this command? find . -name "*.log" -mtime ?? so what should i put for mtime? thanks. wee (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find most recently modified directories

How do I do it? Simple answers preferred... using BASH.. the less code the better. I want to find out where Indesign is caching PDF tmp data ... I figure this is a good way to do it.. either way i wanna know how to do it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How can we find out who are all logged out recently?

Hi, I need to find out who are all the users logged out recently or some minutes or some hours ago. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the user with less number of files in the system

Good morning everybody, I'm using Minix and I want to find the user with less number of files in the system I have tried this solution: #! /bin/sh indice=0 listaCut=$(cut -f 3 -d : /etc/passwd) for USER in $listaCut; do cont=0 listaFind=$(find / -user "${USER}" -type -f) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find recently changed files

Hi, Can you guys tell me how do i find the most recently changed files, say an hour before, few hours before, a day before etc.... Thanks!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a user on the system

i am prompting for a name to search. read user if then however, i get this error: please enter a username on the system: fool menu_script2.sh: line 123: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Privileges : modify dir/file owner by other that's not owner

i need to do the following operations in solaris 10: 1.change owner and group owner for files which are not owned by the current user and user group 2.to can delete files in the /tmp directory which are not of the current user 3. allow to a standard user the deletion of files in the /tmp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirmark
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the owner user of each folder in a list

Hello I have a file containing the list of different folders like this file_list.txt: /s8/tests/test1 /s8/tests/tests/test2 /s8/tests/test2 /s8/tests/tests/test2/test5 I want a script to put the owner user of each folder in front of it in the text file. So the reult would become... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
5 Replies
WWW::Search::Ebay::Category(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  WWW::Search::Ebay::Category(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Search::Ebay::Category - backend for returning entire categories on www.ebay.com SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Search; my $oSearch = new WWW::Search('Ebay::Category'); # Category 1381 is Disney Modern Premiums: $oSearch->native_query(1381); while (my $oResult = $oSearch->next_result()) { print $oResult->url, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This class is a Ebay specialization of WWW::Search. It handles making and interpreting Ebay searches http://www.ebay.com. This class exports no public interface; all interaction should be done through WWW::Search objects. NOTES
Returns the "first" 200 *auction* items in the given category. I'm not sure what exactly "first" means in this case; YMMV. It is up to you to determine the number of the category you want. See the NOTES section of WWW::Search::Ebay for a description of the results. METHODS
SEE ALSO
To make new back-ends, see WWW::Search. CAVEATS
BUGS
Please tell the author if you find any! AUTHOR
Maintained by Martin Thurn, "mthurn@cpan.org", http://www.sandcrawler.com/SWB/cpan-modules.html <http://www.sandcrawler.com/SWB/cpan- modules.html>. LEGALESE
Copyright (C) 1998-2009 Martin 'Kingpin' Thurn THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.12.4 2011-11-02 WWW::Search::Ebay::Category(3pm)