Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ Map using a Vector as a Value Type? Post 302430710 by Corona688 on Friday 18th of June 2010 12:00:11 PM
Old 06-18-2010
A C++ map definitely isn't a hash table. A hash table is a map, but not all maps are hash tables... Hash tables have strong advantages but plenty of pitfalls. A C++ map is a more general purpose list-based thing.

That's beside the point here, though. You're checking for the string 'end', which your document doesn't have, so your loop will never stop; so you may be trying to add strings which weren't read to your map.

Why not ask cin when it's done instead?

Code:
while(cin)
{
}

Also, put debug statements in your code. Output lines to cerr so you can track what your program's doing.

Last edited by Corona688; 06-18-2010 at 02:19 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

2. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

3. Programming

Vector Traversing

Hi i have the following structure struct S { char Mod_num; char val; char chr_nm_cd; } I am reading a 2GB file and inserting into the structure and writing into a vector. I feel like only vector will be a right option. I tried with multimap but it is memory intensive and hence i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

4. Programming

c++ mutidimentional arrays using vector

Hi! I need to make dynamic multidimensional arrays using the vector class. I found in this page How to dynamically create a two dimensional array? - Microsoft: Visual C++ FAQ - Tek-Tips the way to do it in 2D, and now i'm trying to expand it to 3D but i don't understand how is the operator working,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
1 Replies

5. Programming

sort a vector

Hi all, I have a vector,the type of the element within it is list<int>,and i wanna sort this vector.So i implemented a function as a predicate for sort(the STL algorithm).Problem came when i missed the bold part in my code,g++ generated lots of error messages.And after i added the bold... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

6. Programming

Array and Vector

Hi all, from my understanding I understand that I can use array in this manner. struct test { int a; int b; int c; }; test testing; //creating an array with the structer type testing.a=1; testing.b=2; testing.c=3; If I'm not wrong we can use array in this manner,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinzping
12 Replies

7. Programming

vector c++

hello guys. i'm new to c++. i've problem using two dimensional vector. i've a project of making conway's game of life. this is the code that i have made so far. my problem is how can i give a two dimensional vector through main. glider.vec1 = vec; is not correct way to give a two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vector normalisation

In AWK For 3 individual vectors of the form: -2.772 -9.341 -2.857 -5.140 -6.597 -1.823 -2.730 -5.615 1.159 I would like to write a script that parses line by line to (i) normalise, (ii) divide by the norm for *each* vector. I.e. sqrt(-2.772^2 + -9.341^2 + -2.857^2)=10.154 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
4 Replies

9. Programming

Map with struct as key and vector as value

Hello, Trying to challenge myself with C++ STL. I want to read in data from file and do some calculation, adapted from an exercise of a book (C++ for engineers and scientist, 3rd Ed, Gary Bronson). infile is like: ID Name Course Credit Grade 2333021 Bokow,R. NS201 3 A 2333021 Bokow,R.... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
19 Replies
NISPLUS_TABLE(5)						File Formats Manual						  NISPLUS_TABLE(5)

NAME
nisplus_table - Postfix NIS+ client SYNOPSIS
postmap -q "string" "nisplus:[name=%s];name.name." postmap -q - "nisplus:[name=%s];name.name." <inputfile DESCRIPTION
The Postfix mail system uses optional lookup tables. These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alternatively, lookup tables can be specified as NIS+ databases. To find out what types of lookup tables your Postfix system supports use the "postconf -m" command. To test Postfix NIS+ lookup tables, use the "postmap -q" command as described in the SYNOPSIS above. QUERY SYNTAX
Most of the NIS+ query is specified via the NIS+ map name. The general format of a Postfix NIS+ map name is as follows: nisplus:[name=%s];name.name.name.:column Postfix NIS+ map names differ from what one normally would use with commands such as niscat: o With each NIS+ table lookup, "%s" is replaced by a version of the lookup string. There can be only one "%s" instance in a Postfix NIS+ map name. o Postfix NIS+ map names use ";" instead of ",", because the latter character is special in the Postfix main.cf file. Postfix replaces ";" characters in the map name by "," before making NIS+ queries. o The ":column" part in the NIS+ map name is not part of the actual NIS+ query. Instead, it specifies the number of the table column that provides the lookup result. When no ":column" is specified the first column (1) is used. EXAMPLE
A NIS+ aliases map might be queried as follows: alias_maps = dbm:/etc/mail/aliases, nisplus:[alias=%s];mail_aliases.org_dir.$mydomain.:1 This queries the local aliases file before the NIS+ file. SEE ALSO
postmap(1), Postfix lookup table manager README FILES
Use "postconf readme_directory" or "postconf html_directory" to locate this information. DATABASE_README, Postfix lookup table overview LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Geoff Gibbs UK-HGMP-RC Hinxton Cambridge CB10 1SB, UK Adopted and adapted by: Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA NISPLUS_TABLE(5)