Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script that checks against Future time Post 302430653 by SkySmart on Friday 18th of June 2010 08:50:01 AM
Old 06-18-2010
thank you so much for your post. one quick question though, how do I put this into a script? like in the format of the script I posted in the first post.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform some checks on file using perl

hi i want check for PVCS header in file if its present then check if its in proper format or not i want to do this is in perl on windows. this is what i am doing : 1 . open file 2 . check for "PVCS information" if found then store the line no to $line var. 3 . check for "sccs" header ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

time stamp perl script error out of range 1..31

Hi, while running the perl script i am getting this error message , Day '' out of range 1..31 at rsty.sh line 44 what do iam missing in the script, any suggestion #!/usr/bin/perl use Time::Local; my $wday = $ARGV; my $month = $ARGV; # convert the month shortname into 0-11 number if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

3. Programming

Date time problem while executing perl script.

Hi All, This Monday 15th March 2010, i have faced a weired issue with my Perl script execution, this script is scheduled to run at 1 minute past midnight on daily basis ( 00:01 EST ) generally for fetching previous business date , say if it is Monday it should give last Friday date, for Tuesday... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravimishra
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell or Perl script to get the epoch time automatically

I need shell or Perl script to get the epoch time automatically Example I need to execute mysql command to delete content less then given epoch time If date is 01-07-2010 (dd-mm-yy) epoch should be lees 7 days mean 23-06-2010 for 23-06-2010 I need epoch time Delete BS_table where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -ltr for a future date/time stamp file

Hi When i do ls -ltr <file1> then it shows me the date and time of the file if - for whatever reason file has future date/time stamp then ls -ltr is not showing the time, it just shows only date part ... even if time is ahead by 2 hr than current time. suppose a file was copied from INDIA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Unix/Linux file at a specific time in future.

Hi, I was wondering if there is a command to delete a file in the future. For example: If I create a file named unix.lst using the vi editor, but after I create it, what command will be suitable to delete "unix" files from the system at 13:40 military time with no log file. I was going to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi7514
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to performs checks

Hi , I need a script which performs below activity I have one file named "testfile" in 9 different directories with same name. I want to perform below action with each testfile of each directory. if ; then mv listfiles listfiles_`date +%b%y` else echo No Such files fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to do the following checks

Hi , I need a script for processing below scenario. I have to check daily by doing ftp IP to check it is logging or not. So i want this activity to be automated such that if login succesful i will get "FTP LOGIN SUCCESS" in a log file and if fails i want the error message in the same log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time out set in perl script

Hi, I am preparing a perl script, which will run some commads on remote Linux servers. I have a file contains all the servers names one by one like below vi servers.txt srv1 srv2 srv3 Now, I need to prepare a perl script to ssh (or)rsh to each server in the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
1 Replies
postwait(2)							System Calls Manual						       postwait(2)

NAME
postwait: pw_getukid(), pw_wait(), pw_post(), pw_postv(), pw_getvmax() - lightweight synchronization mechanism SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Postwait is a fast, lightweight sleep/wakeup mechanism that can be used for synchronization by cooperating kernel threads within a single process or between separate processes. A thread calls to block. It resumes execution when it is posted by another thread, the call expires, or is signaled. If one or more posts are already pending, returns immediately. Threads using postwait are identified by their ukid. A thread retrieves its ukid by calling It shares this ukid with anyone it chooses by any means it considers appropriate (for example, shared memory). is called with a timeout ts. If ts is NULL, the thread will not timeout. It will remain blocked until posted or a signal wakes it up. If ts points to a zero-valued timespec, will return immediately with a value (and indicating whether or not it was posted. If ts points to a timespec whose value is greater than zero, the thread will block for that amount of time unless it is posted or inter- rupted by a signal, in which case the timespec pointed to by ts is updated with the remaining time. The return value and are set to indi- cate the reason the call returned. is used to post many threads with a single call. It posts to all threads in the targets array. An value for each target is returned in the errors array. (0 indicates success.) If the errors pointer is zero, no target-specific errors are copied out. There is a maximum number of threads that can be posted with a single call. This value is returned by Posts sent to a kernel thread that already has a post pending against it are discarded. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 if it succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if posted, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if the post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if every post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns the maximum number of kernel threads that can be posted with a single call to ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if it fails: ukid points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. sets to one of the following values if it fails: was called with a timeout of 0 but the caller has no post(s) pending. was called with a timeout that expired. ts points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. was interrupted by a signal. The timespec pointed to by ts is invalid. sets to one of the following values if it fails: The ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. sets to one of the following values if it fails: targets points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. errors points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. count is less than 0. count exceeds the maximum value (as returned by A ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. postwait(2)