Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to initialize tape drive
Operating Systems SCO How to initialize tape drive Post 302430580 by ramon82 on Friday 18th of June 2010 04:48:49 AM
Old 06-18-2010
Hi all since I posted this thread, I had replaced the drive with a brand new DDS4 drive to eliminate the possibility that the drive is defective. Still having problems..

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7...picture001.jpg

As you can see in the picture, an error is being returned. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape drive install

I'm trying to install a tape drive on a compaq SCO OS 505. well I have gone through the mkdev tape comands and what have you yet no luck. when I reboot and do a simple tape rewind it gives me an error no such device etc.etc. IS there a diference in the xct0 and rct0 a the default? help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
2 Replies

2. Linux

Installing tape drive?

Hello. I have Redhat 8.0 on a laptop. Working good. I wanted to install the tape drive that is physically attached to it. The tape drive worked fine under Windows98SE. It's one of those parallel QIC-80 drives and I confirmed that it is supported by FTape. It appears that FTape might already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuralTurtle
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

4. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a remote tape drive.

Hello everyone. I googled a little bit, and the best anwers i had were found in this forum. But , unfortunately, they couldn't give me a solution. So i decided to ask the question completely. I have two servers: One RHEL 5 , x64 , with a SCSI DAT72 Tape Drive. Another (the new one), with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pablobhz
0 Replies

7. Solaris

[SOLVED] How to initialize LTO5 Tape Drive?

Hi, We replaced one of our tape drives (attached to a SPARC Server) with an LTO5 one (external, attached vi SAS). Manually we check (using tar) that the OS can write data to the Tape Drive, however, the application backup is failing. Since the application takes its own backup, the apps team... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::VFS::Drive - Container around Gnome2::VFS::Volume HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gnome2::VFS::Drive METHODS
string = $drive->get_activation_uri integer = $a->compare ($b) o $b (Gnome2::VFS::Drive) string = $drive->get_device_path devicetype = $drive->get_device_type string = $drive->get_display_name $drive->eject ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string = $drive->get_hal_udi Since: vfs 2.8 string = $drive->get_icon unsigned = $drive->get_id boolean = $drive->is_connected boolean = $drive->is_mounted boolean = $drive->is_user_visible $drive->mount ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) list = $drive->get_mounted_volumes Since: vfs 2.8 boolean = $drive->needs_eject Since: vfs 2.16 $drive->unmount ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) SIGNALS
volume-mounted (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) volume-pre-unmount (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) volume-unmounted (Gnome2::VFS::Drive, Gnome2::VFS::Volume) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gnome2::VFS::DeviceType o 'unknown' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_UNKNOWN' o 'audio-cd' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_AUDIO_CD' o 'video-dvd' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_VIDEO_DVD' o 'harddrive' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_HARDDRIVE' o 'cdrom' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_CDROM' o 'floppy' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_FLOPPY' o 'zip' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_ZIP' o 'jaz' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_JAZ' o 'nfs' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_NFS' o 'autofs' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_AUTOFS' o 'camera' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_CAMERA' o 'memory-stick' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_MEMORY_STICK' o 'smb' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_SMB' o 'apple' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_APPLE' o 'music-player' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_MUSIC_PLAYER' o 'windows' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_WINDOWS' o 'loopback' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_LOOPBACK' o 'network' / 'GNOME_VFS_DEVICE_TYPE_NETWORK' SEE ALSO
Gnome2::VFS, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gnome2::VFS for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Gnome2::VFS::Drive(3pm)