Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Memory Barriers for (Ubuntu) Linux (i686) Post 302430496 by fpmurphy on Friday 18th of June 2010 12:23:45 AM
Old 06-18-2010
Quote:
but user-level threads like GNU threads don't offer multi-core exploitation because the kernel isn't involved.
Huh? NPTL is a 1:1 threading model. NGPT is an M:N threading model. Of course the kernel is involved.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory-waste in Ubuntu/Debian?

I have 512 mem on this laptop, though 'top' tells me I only have 380. However, Ubuntu is using 288 mb of memory, when I only have 3 terminals, running lynx, vim(for this file) and (of course) top. Considering it I have lynx running a 600 page txt file, which of course would eat some memory but 300?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

2. Linux

i686, x86 64, ppc

Hi, i am quite new to linux. I am interested in fedora linux distro. Fedora Project I dont know which one to choose, either i686, x86 64 or ppc. I prefer a live cd, coz its easy to use. And what is the difference between "Fedora Desktop Live Media" and "Fedora KDE Live Media". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superblacksmith
3 Replies

3. Programming

Getting the total virtual memory for ubuntu in c++

Hi guys , i need to get the total virtual memory in ubuntu but i need to write a C++ code for that, any idea on how to go about doing it? any references? or website that i can refer to ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
6 Replies

4. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies
RUNLIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RUNLIM(1)

NAME
runlim - a program to run benchmarks SYNOPSIS
runlim [ options ...] command [ arguments ...] DESCRIPTION
run is a tool that can be used to run and control benchmarks. It executes a given command with (optional) arguments, samples resource usage during the run, and kills the process (and its child processes) if a certain time and/or space limit is exhausted. Every 100 milliseconds, runlim takes a sample of the program's resource utilization, and logs status information to stderr every second. Optionally, the status can be logged to a file. Multi-threaded programs can be limited by setting a wall clock timeout. runlim follows the time accumulation scheme of GNU time for multi- threaded programs and programs that spawn multiple child-processes: time spent in each thread/child is summed up, unless you are only interested in walk clock time. OPTIONS
runlim accepts the following options: -h, --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. -o FILE, --output-file=FILE Overwrite or create FILE for output logging. -s NUM, --space-limit=NUM Set space limit to NUM megabytes. -t NUM, --time-limit=NUM Set time limit to NUM seconds. -r NUM, --real-time-limit=NUM Set real time limit to NUM seconds. -k, --kill Propagate signals. SEE ALSO
time(1), timelimit(1), timeout(1), time(7). AUTHOR
runlim was written by Armin Biere and Toni Jussila. This manual page was written by Thomas Krennwallner <tkren@kr.tuwien.ac.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). February 11, 2011 RUNLIM(1)