Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Print out disappers on SCO System Post 302430481 by jgt on Thursday 17th of June 2010 07:17:22 PM
Old 06-17-2010
Just create a new local printer, not a HP network printer, then replace the portion of the interface file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

2. SCO

system log of SCO

Hi, I did shutdown and restart SCO server, now wanna find log to know exactly when system was effected. I took a look at /var/adm/ but seem there are no logs for my required information. it seems diff from Sun or HP UNIX... appreciate all your help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milo
2 Replies

3. SCO

where can get iso of sco system v 5.05

hi all please someone tell me where can get iso of sco System V vs 5.05 regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weramirez
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable/Enable HP print services SCO OS 5

We're running SCO Open Server 5. On occassion we need to disable/enable HP print services. There's nothing that I have found in the HP printer manager that allows for this. I know we can stop/start print services via SCOADMIN. On occassion one of our HP printers will generate an error, the msg in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sighbrrguy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full System Backup Sco 5.0.5

I would like to know if I can do a full system back up on my Unix Sco openserver 5.0.5 Machine. If so, What is the syntax to do this or where can I find this information at? Also, is it possible to make this tape bootable so that I can easily do a full system restore? Any information on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nellenodrog
2 Replies

6. SCO

SCO system V documentation

Hi! I'm about to throw away a shelf meter or so of SCO system V official documentation. The original beige binders. I'm not sure if there is a shortage of these old books, but if anyone near Gothenburg, Sweden has use for them. Drop me a line at : martin (dot) rudolfson at mac (dot) com Martin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iMan
4 Replies

7. SCO

Sco openserver 5 print queue problems

Hwey I manage a Unix box where I ama having multiple printer problems. the only way to get printers to print again is by rebooting. I stop and start services with no luck. Any one have any ideas? It can go weeks with being OK but then any given printer can go and cause the entire print queue to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uk2us88
6 Replies

8. SCO

Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi, My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
4 Replies

9. SCO

laser print on sco openserver 6.0

Dear friends, Please tell me How install ethernet hp laser print p4015n on open server sco 6.0. Thank you, Edgar Guevara (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
10 Replies

10. SCO

SCO Development System for System V 3.2 R4.2

Hi Guys, Some time ago I get a disk for my SCO System V 3.2 R4.2 tcp 1.2.1 distribution. Now 4 Year later I am serarching the development system due to the fact that System V did not come with the C compiler. There is any change to get it ? my intention is academyc only. or anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locovich
3 Replies
printmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      printmgr(1M)

NAME
printmgr - Solaris Print Manager is a graphical user interface for managing printers in a network SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/printmgr DESCRIPTION
Solaris Print Manager is a Java-based graphical user interface that enables you to manage local and remote printer access. This tool can be used in the following name service environments: LDAP, NIS, NIS+, and files. You must be logged in as superuser to use this tool. Using Solaris Printer Manager is the preferred method for managing printer access because Solaris Print Manager centralizes printer infor- mation when it is used in a name service environment. Adding printer information to a name service makes access to printers available to all systems on the network and generally makes printer administration easier because all the information about printers is centralized. Solaris Print Manager may be run on a remote system with the display sent to the local system. See the System Administration Guide: Advanced Administration for instructions on setting the DISPLAY environment variable. Using Solaris Print Manager to perform printer-related tasks automatically updates the appropriate printer databases. Solaris Print Manager also includes a command-line console that displays the lp command line for the add, modify, and delete printer operations. Errors and warn- ings may also be displayed when Printer Manager operations are performed. Help is available by clicking the <Help> button. USAGE
Solaris Print Manager enables you to do the following tasks: Select a Name Service Select a name service for retrieving or changing printer information. Add Access to a Printer Add printer access on a printer client using Solaris Print Manager. Add an Attached Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Add a Network Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Modify Printer Properties After adding access to a printer or adding an attached or network printer, you can modify certain printer attributes. Delete a Printer Delete access to a printer from the print client or delete a printer from the print server or from the name service environment. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWppm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap(1), lpget(1M), lpset(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Advanced Administration for information on LDAP server replication. Although users can use the LDAP command line utilities ldapadd(1) and ldapmodify(1)to update printer entries in the directory, the pre- ferred method is to use lpset. Otherwise, if the lpadd and lpmodify utilities are used, the administrator must ensure that the printer-name attribute value is unique within the ou=printers container on the LDAP server. If the value is not unique, the result of modifications done using lpset or the Solaris Print Manager, printmgr(1M) may be unpredictable. SunOS 5.10 23 May 2003 printmgr(1M)