Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to add "staff" group?
Operating Systems AIX How to add "staff" group? Post 302430394 by rainbow_bean on Thursday 17th of June 2010 12:15:43 PM
Old 06-17-2010
staff group exist, I use smitty user to add staff group, however, when I use lsuser to check, there is not staff. If I use #lsgroup staff, the user id is in the staff list.

What's wrong with it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
groupdel(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       groupdel(8)

NAME
groupdel - Deletes a group definition from the system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/groupdel [-P] [-x extended_option] group_name OPTIONS
Creates a PC group only. The following extended_option attributes are available: Indicates whether or not the group is distributed. The value of the distributed=n attribute can be 0 or 1. If set to 0, the group is deleted from the local system. If set to 1, the group is deleted from the NIS master database on the running system. Indicates whether or not the group is local. The value of the local=n attribute can be 0 or 1. If set to 1, the group is deleted from the local database. If set to 0, the group is deleted from the NIS master database. Specifies the name of the group to be deleted from the system. The groupname must exist. DESCRIPTION
The groupdel command lets the system administrator delete existing groups from the system, by group name. In addition, the system adminis- trator can use the -x option to specify whether the group to be deleted is local or whether the group resides in the NIS master database. If the -x option is not specified, the group is deleted from the appropriate database as specified by the system defaults. The default behavior on the system for the groupdel command is distributed=0 and local=1. With these values, the system deletes the group from the local database by default. Setting the distributed= and local= attributes to the same value (for example, distributed=0 and local=0) produces an error. When the Advanced Server for UNIX (ASU) is running, you can also delete PC groups consisting of members who are holders of Windows NT domain accounts. You must have superuser privilege to execute this command. EXIT STATUS
The groupmod command exits with one of the following values: Success. Failure. Warning. EXAMPLES
The following example removes the group, testgrp: % groupdel testgrp The following example removes the group, testgrp, from the local group database: % groupdel -x local=1 testgrp The following example removes the PC users group, domainbdev, from the local group database: % groupdel -P domainbdev FILES
The groupdel command operates on the appropriate files for the specific level of system security. SEE ALSO
Commands: groupadd(8), groupmod(8), useradd(8), userdel(8), usermod(8) System Administration Security groupdel(8)