Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Elegant Solutions to kill telnet/ssh session Post 302430385 by boshyd on Thursday 17th of June 2010 11:41:58 AM
Old 06-17-2010
I dont want to disable all telnet, just this user.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet session timeout

hi, we can set something such that if the user has been idle for a while, it will auto disconnect. where to do so? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Session

{ sleep 2 echo "$user" sleep 2 echo "$password" sleep 2 echo " ls" sleep 10 echo "exit" }| telnet $server I have a machine x and i have executed the above script on machine 'x'. i entered the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Telnet session

Hi Is there any way whilst in a telnet session you can view your client machine name that you are using to connect to the Unix box ? :eek: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
2 Replies

4. Solaris

kill user session

how do i kill a user session (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Session to AIX

Hello, I have AIX 5.3 at home connected to netgear router. Port Forwarding has been enabled on the router. Problem is that if I want to telnet, I have to try 2 or 3 times before I can get a logon prompt. It times out for first or second time (Connection to session <IP_Address> failed: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluebee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to kill the established rsh session

HI I know that it sounds crazy :eek: appreciated if any one provided me a solution for my below case , the below script is checking the Database availability on many servers by establishing rsh session ( one by one ) , sometime one of the servers goes down and while this the script taking... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejo4ever
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Kill idle dt session

Hi, i need to kill the idle dt sessions through script, can anyone tell me how to do? RJS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
2 Replies
portslave(8)							     Portslave							      portslave(8)

NAME
portslave - terminal server program. SYNOPSIS
portslave [+config-file] port|- DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the portslave, program. This program is a getty replacement that will run it's own version of pppd, the user can specify their user-name via a login: prompt or PPP PAP negotiation. After the username and password have been supplied the user will be authenticated by the RADIUS protocol. OPTIONS
An optional first parameter is '+config-file' to specify an alternate config file. The default is /etc/portslave/pslave.conf . The next parameter is either the port number or '-'. The value '-' means that portslave is to use it's controlling tty as the serial device and inspect the config file to find the RADIUS port number which matches that. This was originally written for telnetd support (telnetd puts a '-' as the first command line parameter) but can be used for other things. To run over the telnet protocol put a config entry similar to the following in your inetd configuration: telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd -L /usr/sbin/portslave Then in the pslave.conf file put a series of entries specifying every pseudo-tty device (either ptyp0, ptyp1, etc or pts/1, pts/2 etc depending on which type of device naming you use). For the RADIUS port numbers which are to be used for telnet connections you must spec- ify the initchat as an empty string. If you want to run portslave over a clean TCP connection (no telnet protocol) then put the following in your inetd configuration: telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/portslave - AUTHOR
This man page was written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. May be freely used and distributed without restriction. SEE ALSO
pslave.conf(5), pppd(8), ctlportslave(1) http://doc.coker.com.au/projects/portslave/ Russell Coker <;russell@coker.com.au> 2010.03.30 portslave(8)