Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to find libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 Post 302430326 by smartgupta on Thursday 17th of June 2010 08:58:40 AM
Old 06-17-2010
Unable to find libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Hi all,

I am working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant) with kernel 2.6.9-5 and try to install one application but unable to install it.

When I am trying to install it,it is throwing the following error--
Quote:
This product requires the GNU C++ Runtime Library (libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3)
or later. Your system must be upgraded before installation can proceed.
To resolve it,I installed gcc 4.0.0 and when I am trying to see gcc version,it is showing old version.

Quote:
# gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.3/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-java-awt=gtk --host=i386-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4)
and when I checked under /usr/lib,it is showing libstdc++.so.6.0.3 is installed but unable to find it at the time of installation.

Quote:
ls -l /usr/lib/*stdc*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Jun 17 16:16 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 -> libstdc++.so.5.0.7
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 744136 Dec 1 2004 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Jun 17 15:11 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.3
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 806176 Dec 14 2004 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.3
SO I have two questions-
1) why it is showing old gcc version and how can I upgrade it?
2) why I am getting error when libstdc++.so.6.0.3 is showing by the system and how can I resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Link against a particular version of libstdc++

Our development machines have libstdc++.so.5 and libstdc++.so.6. When we build our native code, it uses libstdc++.so.6. Is there anyway I can force it to use libstdc++.so.5 instead ? $ ldd try /usr/lib/libcwait.so (0x00655000) libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

2. AIX

libstdc++.a (libstdc++.so.5) issue on AIX 5.2

hello everybody i am new on the AIX environment and i have faced an issue while running pstill it can't find ibstdc++.a (libstdc++.so.5) although i have the latest GCC and libstdc 4.0.0 i guess. So to resolve the problem i have got an old versions that i want to install on AIX: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to find 8 gb of memory

I 've one box with 16gb of RAM and top, vmstat showing 8712M free , i 'm unable to find which process is eating up rest of the memory , the system is not running anything at the moment. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
14 Replies

4. Ubuntu

how to recover libstdc++.so.6

Hi! I'm using Ubuntu Karmic and I lost libstdc++.so.6. Is there a way to recover it?.. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Packages required - Libaio.so.1 - Libstdc++so.6

hi guys I have to install a software that says have theses packages are required Libaio.so.1 Libstdc++so.6 are these default packages for a Suse 11 installation for instance? or do I need to download them to avoid dependency issues thanks a lot ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

hpux vnc 4.1.3 libstdc++

It took me a while, but I found the right libsdc++ for the current free vnc 4.1.3, deep in this: http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/gcc-3.3.2-11.00.sd.bz Merijn's HP-UX software Download Section for ITRC members is a rich source for old libraries. So if you cannot find the right depot or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
0 Replies

7. Programming

Issues with two versions of libstdC++.so

I'm facing an issue in which my program is using a custom library (say, libxyz.so) which is compiled using libstdc++.so.5 and the system I'm using this library to create an executable from my program, has libstdc++so.6 as well as libstdc++.so.5; both available under /usr/lib directory. There are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
8 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Plex install & trouble wth libc6

Hello group, Running Ubuntu 16.04 on a arm64 board computer, I'm following this guide from the manufacturer, which is supposed to let me use the Plex armhf version: ESPRESSObin Wiki | Run PLEX Media Server on ESPRESSObin So I'm getting to: apt-get install curl gcc-4.9-base... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unable to find package

Hi there. I'm putting together a small cluster of Raspberry pis running Raspbian. They've all been setup identically from the same sd image. They all update and install perfectly except one node which refuses to install anything. It has exactly the same login, network, user details etc,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
3 Replies
COMPAT_30(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      COMPAT_30(8)

NAME
compat_30 -- setup procedure for backward compatibility on post-3.0 releases SYNOPSIS
options COMPAT_30 DESCRIPTION
The compat_30 module allows NetBSD to run NetBSD 3.0 executables. The support is present if the kernel was built with option COMPAT_30. It is not available as a loadable module. Static executables typically need no additional setup. Dynamic binaries may require shared libraries whose major version number changed since NetBSD 3.0, which are listed below. A shadow directory under /emul is not used; the libraries can be obtained from a NetBSD 3.0 dis- tribution and installed in the original directories shown, as the major version number in the file name will prevent conflicts. If an upgrade installation from NetBSD 3.0 has been done and these libraries are still present, nothing more need be done. Libraries needed from 3.0 /lib/libcrypto.so.2.1 /lib/libcrypto.so.2 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2.1 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.2 /lib/libevent.so.0.2 /lib/libevent.so.0 /usr/lib/libevent.so.0.2 /usr/lib/libevent.so.0 /usr/lib/libg2c.so.2.0 /usr/lib/libg2c.so.2 /usr/lib/libkadm.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libkadm.so.5 /usr/lib/libkafs.so.6.0 /usr/lib/libkafs.so.6 /usr/lib/libkdb.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libkdb.so.5 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.19.1 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.19 /usr/lib/libkrb.so.6.0 /usr/lib/libkrb.so.6 /usr/lib/libkstream.so.2.0 /usr/lib/libkstream.so.2 /usr/lib/libmagic.so.0.1 /usr/lib/libmagic.so.0 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.4 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1 /lib/libradius.so.0.0 /lib/libradius.so.0 /usr/lib/libradius.so.0.0 /usr/lib/libradius.so.0 /usr/lib/libssh.so.1.0 /usr/lib/libssh.so.1 /usr/lib/libssl.so.3.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.3 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /lib/libz.so.0.4 /lib/libz.so.0 /usr/lib/libz.so.0.4 /usr/lib/libz.so.0 /usr/lib/libamu.so.2.1 /usr/lib/libamu.so.2 IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
COMPAT_30 enables the NetBSD 3.0 versions of the following system calls, whose syscall numbers and argument structures were changed after the 3.0 release to accommodate 64-bit filesystems: fhstat(2), fstat(2), getdents(2), lstat(2), stat(2). The filehandle structure (formerly fhandle_t) was made opaque to userland and variable-sized. A fh_size argument was added to related syscalls: fhstat(2), fhstatvfs(2), fhstatvfs1(2), fhopen(2), getfh(2). This changes the API and ABI of those syscalls, COMPAT_30 enables binary compatibility with the old ABI. Source compatibility is not provided, as use of those syscalls is supposed to be rare. The error code from the socket(2) syscall changed from EPROTONOSUPPORT to EAFNOSUPPORT in the case of an unsupported address family. COMPAT_30 enables binary compatibility with the old ABI. Source compatiblility is not provided. The struct ntptimeval used by ntp_gettime(2) changed with the implementation of timecounters. SEE ALSO
config(1), fhstat(2), fstat(2), getdents(2), lstat(2), stat(2), options(4) HISTORY
NetBSD offers back-compatibility options back to NetBSD 0.9, but the first to be documented with a manual page is compat_30. BUGS
The compatible getdents(2) is unable to see directory entries beneath the top layer of a union, even though the real 3.0 getdents() did not have that problem. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Programs with security impact that receive incorrect directory contents from getdents() may behave improperly, as when they are unable to find, or find the wrong versions of, important files. BSD
December 15, 2007 BSD