Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ssh connection from remote machine in solaris Post 302430284 by hergp on Thursday 17th of June 2010 05:00:03 AM
Old 06-17-2010
If PATH is commented out in /etc/default/login, then the compiled-in default-default-path is used, which is /usr/bin.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 9 remote login (ssh) drops connection

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me... Let me give you some set-up details before I ask you the question. I have Ultra-60 at home with Solaris 9 and recommended patch cluster installed. The machine is connected to a Linksys WAG54G ADSL router/modem through RJ45 ethernet cable. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote Connection (SSH)

Hello all, I connect usually to one enviornment "dev" daily and then ftp some files to some other enviorment "uat" and then login to "uat" and run some scripts to process these files. I was thinking to automate the process, where running one script from "dev" will complete all task required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check ssh connection to remote host

I am using KSH and I need to check whether the remote host has been configured with ssh public key. Is there any way we can check inside a script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Connection closed by remote host" while doing ssh to a solaris box

Hi All, When i try to do ssh from a linux to solaris box its throughing "Connection closed by remote host". Please not that this error is not occuring every time i do ssh, it occurs at random timing( Mostly ssh is successful) - unfortunately my script which is doing ssh is falling at this time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkumar7
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to SSH into machine - ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

For a few days now I have been experiencing issues when trying to SSH into 1 of my machine. I get the following output when running 'ssh -vvv': server1:/home/mymadq> ssh -l root -vvv server2 OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
3 Replies

7. AIX

ssh failed to login in remote connection

i am in node acbs01b and i use the root@fcbs01b to login and i have the below message . ssh root@fcbs01b @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ IT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i get the logged in host machine ip in a ssh connection?

Hi All, I have a basic question. In my system i maintained multiple unix server, and only one server has public ip, and all the servers are behind load balancing BIG ip server. To access any server, user need to access server with public IP then from there they can establish ssh connection to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilipsn
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

10. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies
SU(1)								   User Commands							     SU(1)

NAME
su - run a command with substitute user and group ID SYNOPSIS
su [options...] [-] [user [args...]] DESCRIPTION
su allows to run commands with substitute user and group ID. When called without arguments su defaults to running an interactive shell as root. For backward compatibility su defaults to not change the current directory and to only set the environment variables HOME and SHELL (plus USER and LOGNAME if the target user is not root). It is recommended to always use the --login option (instead it's shortcut -) to avoid side effects caused by mixing environments. This version of su uses PAM for authentication, account and session management. Some configuration options found in other su implementa- tions such as e.g. support of a wheel group have to be configured via PAM. OPTIONS
-c command, --command=command Pass command to the shell with the -c option. --session-command=command Same as -c but do not create a new session (discouraged). -f, --fast Pass -f to the shell which may or may not be useful depending on the shell. -g, --group=group specify the primary group, this option is allowed for root user only -G, --supp-group=group specify a supplemental group, this option is allowed for root user only -, -l, --login Starts the shell as login shell with an environment similar to a real login: o clears all environment variables except for TERM o initializes the environment variables HOME, SHELL, USER, LOGNAME, PATH o changes to the target user's home directory o sets argv[0] of the shell to '-' in order to make the shell a login shell -m, -p, --preserve-environment Preserves the whole environment, ie does not set HOME, SHELL, USER nor LOGNAME. The option is ignored if the option --login is specified. -s SHELL, --shell=SHELL Runs the specified shell instead of the default. The shell to run is selected according to the following rules in order: o the shell specified with --shell o The shell specified in the environment variable SHELL if the --preserve-environment option is used. o the shell listed in the passwd entry of the target user o /bin/sh If the target user has a restricted shell (i.e. not listed in /etc/shells) the --shell option and the SHELL environment variables are ignored unless the calling user is root. --help Display help text and exit. --version Display version information and exit. CONFIG FILES
su reads the /etc/default/su and /etc/login.defs configuration files. The following configuration items are relevant for su(1): FAIL_DELAY (number) Delay in seconds in case of authentication failure. Number must be a non-negative integer. ENV_PATH (string) Defines the PATH environment variable for a regular user. The default value is /usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin. ENV_ROOTPATH (string) ENV_SUPATH (string) Defines the PATH environment variable for root. The default value is /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin. ALWAYS_SET_PATH (boolean) If set to yes and --login and --preserve-environment were not specified su initializes PATH. EXIT STATUS
su normally returns the exit status of the command it executed. If the command was killed by a signal, su returns the number of the signal plus 128. Exit status generated by su itself: 1 Generic error before executing the requested command 126 The requested command could not be executed 127 The requested command could was not found FILES
/etc/pam.d/su default PAM configuration file /etc/pam.d/su-l PAM configuration file if --login is specified /etc/default/su command specific logindef config file /etc/login.defs global logindef config file SEE ALSO
runuser(8), pam(8), shells(5), login.defs(5) AUTHOR
Derived from coreutils' su which was based on an implementation from David MacKenzie. AVAILABILITY
The su command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux June 2012 SU(1)