Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep FASTA files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep FASTA files Post 302430210 by pseudocoder on Thursday 17th of June 2010 01:27:06 AM
Old 06-17-2010
Maybe this?
Code:
$ perl -nle 'if ($a == 0) { push @x, $_; $a=1; next; }
             if ($a == 1 && length($_) >=11 && length($_) <= 17)
             { print @x; print $_; $a=0; @x=(); }
             else { $a=0; @x=(); }' fasta-file

This User Gave Thanks to pseudocoder For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fasta format?

Hi, I'm in need of creating a file in the fasta format: >1A6A.A HVIIQAEFYLNPDQSGEFMFDFDGDEIFHVDMAKKETVWRLEEFGRFASFEAQGALANIAVDKANLEIMTKRSNYTPITN VPPEVTVLTNSPVELREPNVLICFIDKFTPPVVNVTWLRNGKPVTTGVSETVFLPREDHLFRKFHYLPFLPSTEDVYDCR VEHWGLDEPLLKHWEF >1A6A.B ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for certain files using a file as input to grep and then move

Hi All, I need to grep few files which has words like the below in the file name , which i want to put it in a file and and grep for the files which contain these names and move it to a new directory , full file name -C20091210.1000-20091210.1100_SMGBSC3:1000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anita07
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing from FASTA to PHYLIP format

I really need some help with this task. I have a bunch of FASTA files with hundreds of DNA sequences that look like this: >SeqID1 AACCATGACAGAGGAGATGTGAACAGATAGAGGGATGACAGATGACAGATAGACCCAGAC TGACAGGTTCAAAGGCTGCAGTGCAGTGACGTGACGATTT >Sequence 22... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming (renumbering) fasta files

I have a fasta file that looks like this: >Noname ACCAAAATAATTCATGATATACTCAGATCCATCTGAGGGTTTCACCACTTGTAGAGCTAT CAGAAGAATGTCAATCAACTGTCCGAGAAAAAAGAATCCCAGG >Noname ACTATAAACCCTATTTCTCTTTCTAAAAATTGAAATATTAAAGAAACTAGCACTAGCCTG ACCTTTAGCCAGACTTCTCACTCTTAATGCTGCGGACAAACAGA ... I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oyster
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Breaking a fasta formatted file into multiple files containing each gene separately

Hey, I've been trying to break a massive fasta formatted file into files containing each gene separately. Could anyone help me? I've tried to use the following code but i've recieved errors every time: for i in *.rtf.out do awk '/^>/{f=++d".fasta"} {print > $i.out}' $i done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ann Mc Cartney
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change sequence name in along fasta file?

Hi I have an alignment file (.fasta) with ~80 sequences. They look like this- >JV101.contig00066(+):25302-42404|sequence_index=0|block_index=4|species=JV101|JV101_4_0 GAGGTTAATTATCGATAACGTTTAATTAAAGTGTTTAGGTGTCATAATTT TAAATGACGATTTCTCATTACCATACACCTAAATTATCATCAATCTGAAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baika
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fasta header modification

Hi, I need some help with modifying fasta headers. I have a fasta file with thousands of contigs and I need to modify their headers with the information obtained from a second file. File 1 contains the fasta sequences: >contig0001 length=11115 numreads=10777 agatgtagatctct... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokaps
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Round up -FASTA file

I have the following script: awk 'FNR==NR{s+=$3;next;} { print $1 , $2, 100*$3/s }' and the following file: >P39PT-1224 Freq 900 cccctacgacggcattggtaatggctcagctgctccggatcccgcaagccatcttggatatgagggttcgtcggcctcttcagccaagg-cccccagcagaacatccagctgatcg >P39PT-784 Freq 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to append two fasta files?

I have two fasta files as shown below, File:1 >Contig_1:90600-91187 AAGGCCATCAAGGACGTGGATGAGGTCGTCAAGGGCAAGGAACAGGAATTGATGACGGTC >Contig_98:35323-35886 GACGAAGCGCTCGCCAAGGCCGAAGAAGAAGGCCTGGATCTGGTCGAAATCCAGCCGCAG >Contig_24:26615-28387... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
11 Replies
smd-push(1)						 Sync Mail Dir (smd) documentation					       smd-push(1)

NAME
smd-push - syncs the remote mail dir letting the local one untouched SYNOPSIS
smd-push [-d|--dry-run] [-v|--verbose] [-s|--show-tags] [-t|--template-only] [-n|--no-delete] [endpoint] DESCRIPTION
smd-push performs in the remote maildir all the changes that were performed on the local one. No changes are made on the local maildir. Use smd-pull(1) for that. Refer to smd-config(5) for the configuration file format. OPTIONS
-v --verbose Verbose output -s --show-tags Machine readable output -d --dry-run Do not perform any action for real -n --no-delete Do not propagate deletions -t --template-only Just create a template configuration file if none endpoint Is the suffix for the name of the configuration file to use. If it is omitted, the configuration file ~/.smd/config.default is used. FILES
~/.smd/config.* ~/.smd/hooks/pre-push.d/ ~/.smd/hooks/post-push.d/ SEE ALSO
mddiff(1), smd-server(1), smd-client(1), smd-pull(1), smd-loop(1), smd-config(5) AUTHOR
Enrico Tassi <gares@fettunta.org> 11 June 2012 smd-push(1)