Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop to copy like files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop to copy like files Post 302430145 by 3junior on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 06:12:18 PM
Old 06-16-2010
MySQL

Code:
for i in `find /home/folder1 -name "*.zip* -type f`
do
folder=`echo ${i} | awk -F'.' '{print $1}'`
mkdir /home/${folder}/
cp ${i} /home/${folder}/.
unzip /home/${folder}/$(echo ${i} | sed -e 's/\/.*\///')
done

Last edited by 3junior; 06-16-2010 at 07:19 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip, copy, and delete loop

Hey there, I am trying to move zipped text files from a remote server to a remote tape storage facility, through my home directory. What I want to do is get the zip file (using scp), unzip it, copy the output text file which was inside (using rfcp) to the tape storage server, and then delete... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spyne
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop to copy on failure

I'm trying to do an automated SCP (passwordless auth is already set up) from a bash script... My problem is that on the receiving end, the computer will sometimes NOT actually get my files. BUT if I loop enough times (by hand at the moment) calling an 'ls' on those files, I can see if the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop folders, delete files, copy new ones

Folks, I am hopeful that you may be able to help me out with writing a script that can be run nightly (as cron?) to loop through all subfolders within the "/media" directory, delete all of the files in each of them, and then copy in all of the files from the "/home//sansa" directory to each of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acraig
6 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Copy all files in 1 directory to another usinge for-in loop

I was looking to get some help with copying files in one directory to another using a for-in loop. My script file is called copyfile and here is what I have: for file in $(ls -a $1) do cp $file ~/dir-2 done When I run copyfile dir-1 this is what I get cp: omitting directory `.'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through text file > Copy Folder > Edit XML files in bulk?

I have a text file which contains lines in this format - it contains 105 lines in total, but I'm just putting 4 here to keep it short: 58571,east_ppl_ppla_por 58788,east_pcy_hd_por 58704,east_pcy_ga_por 58697,east_pcy_pcybs_por It's called id_key.txt I have a sample folder called... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biscuitcreek
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script -- loop and data copy question

I am trying to write a script that will allow me to train others with commands that I run manually by only allowing the exact command before continuing onto the next set of commands. Here is where I come into an issue. I have changed the directories for this post. Software we run creates files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hurtzdonut
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
ZIPGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							ZIPGREP(1)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1), zip(1), funzip(1), zipcloak(1), zipinfo(1), zipnote(1), zipsplit(1) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 20 April 2009 ZIPGREP(1)