Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to send last file with mailx Post 302430090 by duke0001 on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 02:22:37 PM
Old 06-16-2010
malcolmpdx:

Thanks so much for your response. I haven't received any log file yet.

I have another question. Because I used cron job to trigger the shell script to generate the log files. In the end of cron job, I used to > /dev/null 2>&1 to disable cron job to send email. If I don't take this code off, will the mailx command in shell script continue to send log file to my email box?

Last edited by duke0001; 06-16-2010 at 05:25 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP!!! how to send PDF file as an attachment using mailx

Hi, iam using the following command: uuencode file1.pdf file1.pdf|mailx - s "waz up?" xyz@domain.com Iam recieving an encoding error when i try to open the attachment. Pls help..very urgent!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brat
1 Replies

3. Debian

cannot send any mails using mailx

hi howto configure mailx ? kind regards ccc (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send file as attachment using mail or mailx

I have a need to send a file from the unix command line to be sent as an attachment. Is this possible? That is when I open my outlook email I need to file to appear as an attachment. Also, is there a way to use the mail binary (not mailx) to modify the "reply address". mailx -r works but I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How can i use Mailx to send email

I would like to use Mailx command, please i hope when you replay give me example. because this is very good think for me. I am New in sun Microsystems Solaris 10, i hope to give me also rules to learn Solaris easily. Thank you Joseph Shafik (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.shafik
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Linux

mailx: Unable to send Japanese

Hi All, I am facing problem in sending Japanese characters using mailx command in GNU linux machine. The mail is going with junk characters like "メールの-界へようこそ". I tried changing the LANG value to japan locale off UTF-8. But it doesn't worked. I have to send the data as body not as an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karteek
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using mailx to CC only, not TO

Hi All, I am using mailx to send the mail. Due to some changes in the requirement, I need to send the mail to CC only (an Email id in CC), with no email ID in "TO" field. Can we do that? bcz I used -c flag only and got the message:":The flags you gave make no sense since you're not sending... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to send .csv file as an attachment using mailx command.

want to send .csv file as an attachment using mailx command. Please help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gagandeep
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to send attachment file

Hi, I need to send a attachment which has space in the file name as: "ABC Data Extract.txt" which is present in the location /home/projects/txt i am using /home/projects/scripts mailx -s "Sub" email_id "/home/projects/txt/ABC Data Extract.txt" but i am not getting the attachment. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
7 Replies
strerr(1M)						  System Administration Commands						strerr(1M)

NAME
strerr - STREAMS error logger daemon SYNOPSIS
strerr DESCRIPTION
strerr receives error log messages from the STREAMS log driver (see log(7D)) and appends them to a log file. The resultant error log files reside in the directory /var/adm/streams, and are named error.mm-dd, where mm is the month and dd is the day of the messages contained in each log file. The format of an error log message is: <seq> <time> <ticks> <flags> <mid> <sid> <text> <seq> error sequence number <time> time of message in hh:mm:ss <ticks> time of message in machine ticks since boot priority level <flags> T : the message was also sent to a tracing process F : indicates a fatal error N : send mail to the system administrator (hardcoded as root) <mid> module ID number of source <sid> sub-ID number of source <text> formatted text of the error message Messages that appear in the error log are intended to report exceptional conditions that require the attention of the system administrator. Those messages which indicate the total failure of a STREAMS driver or module should have the F flag set. Those messages requiring the immediate attention of the administrator will have the N flag set, which causes the error logger to send the message to the system adminis- trator using mail. The priority level usually has no meaning in the error log but will have meaning if the message is also sent to a tracer process. Once initiated, strerr continues to execute until terminated by the user. It is commonly executed asynchronously. FILES
/var/adm/streams/error.mm-dd error log file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), log(7D) STREAMS Programming Guide NOTES
There is no restriction to the number of strerr processes opening the STREAMS log driver at a time. If a module or driver is generating a large number of error messages, running the error logger will cause a degradation in STREAMS perfor- mance. If a large burst of messages are generated in a short time, the log driver may not be able to deliver some of the messages. This situation is indicated by gaps in the sequence numbering of the messages in the log files. SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 1994 strerr(1M)