Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Error when trying to set Admin password in MySQL Post 302430081 by verdepollo on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 01:24:16 PM
Old 06-16-2010
Also, by default mysql does not assign a password to the root user. i.e. it's empty.

Code:
mysql -u root

Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Web site Security WRT MySql - how set up?

Hiya all, Newbie here - hope you can help Trying to set up a login authorization on my website. Reading away - it says works well with MySql database. Apache book goes onto to explain how to install Mysql etc.... But How do I set up the login page tho? Please assist Cheers... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Resetting forgotten admin password

How do you reset a forgotten administrator password in unix on a Sun Sunblade 100? :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehow
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to reset SC admin password in Netra T2000 server?

I have one Sun Netra T2000 Server. The ALOM SC admin password of this server is not known. Could you anyone help and tell me how can i reset the SC admin account password?? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

set mysql password with host parameter

hi, linux gurus... i'm trying to write a script in ksh called ResetPass that allows a user to change mysql passwords. the script accepts user, password and host like this: ResetPass <user> <password> <host>. here's the code: ***************************************************** mysql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankimo
1 Replies

5. Gentoo

help|how to rest my password admin(root)

i have gentoo and i dont know what is my password user admin(root) how i can to rest my passord? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turivnkl
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to recover Admin password

Dear all I have two doubts please clarify my doubt with clear steps 1. As a admin i forget my password how could i know whats my password. 2. If someone change my password how could i rectify that Please give me reply. with clear steps (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Recover Admin Password

Dear All Users I have two doubts please any one clarify my doubts 1. In solaris As a admin i've forget my password so how could i know whats my password 2. if someone change my password so how could i rectify my password. Please can anyone solve my doubt with clear steps (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
2 Replies

8. Solaris

help reset netra T1 lom admin password

Can someone please help here on how to reset a T1 lom password? I have tried the JP13 an try to find lom.conf in scadm dir but lom.conf is not on the machine ,some help thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rafise
1 Replies
CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Session::Driver::mysql - CGI::Session driver for MySQL database SYNOPSIS
$s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid); $s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid, { DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:test', User => 'sherzodr', Password => 'hello' }); $s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid, { Handle => $dbh } ); DESCRIPTION
mysql stores session records in a MySQL table. For details see CGI::Session::Driver::DBI, its parent class. It's especially important for the MySQL driver that the session ID column be defined as a primary key, or at least "unique", like this: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id CHAR(32) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, a_session TEXT NOT NULL ); To use different column names, change the 'create table' statement, and then simply do this: $s = CGI::Session->new('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:project', }); or $s = CGI::Session->new('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', Handle=>$dbh, }); DRIVER ARGUMENTS mysql driver supports all the arguments documented in CGI::Session::Driver::DBI. In addition, DataSource argument can optionally leave leading "dbi:mysql:" string out: $s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid, {DataSource=>'shopping_cart'}); # is the same as: $s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid, {DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:shopping_cart'}); BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY As of V 4.30, the global variable $CGI::Session::MySQL::TABLE_NAME cannot be used to set the session table's name. This is due to changes in CGI::Session::Driver's new() method, which now allows the table's name to be changed (as well as allowing both the 'id' column name and the 'a_session' column name to be changed). See the documentation for CGI::Session::Driver::DBI for details. In particular, the new syntax for "new()" applies to all database drivers, whereas the old - and bad - global variable method only applied to MySQL. Alternately, call $session -> table_name('new_name') just after creating the session object if you wish to change the session table's name. LICENSING
For support and licensing see CGI::Session. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-08 CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3pm)