Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers deleteing duplicate lines sing uniq while ignoring a column Post 302429982 by japaneseguitars on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 09:50:28 AM
Old 06-16-2010
thanks everyone!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

oneliner:sing SED on a specific column

is this possible a one liner sed command. I have a text file ex. from : xxx yyy ZZZ /test/devl/aasdasd.log1 xxx yyy ZZZ /test/devl/aasdasd.log2 to : xxx yyy ZZZ /test/prod/aasdasd.log1 xxx yyy ZZZ /test/prod/aasdasd.log2 and I want to sed only the fourth column sed 's/devl/prod/g' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaseeem
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[uniq + awk?] How to remove duplicate blocks of lines in files?

Hello again, I am wanting to remove all duplicate blocks of XML code in a file. This is an example: input: <string-array name="threeItems"> <item>item1</item> <item>item2</item> <item>item3</item> </string-array> <string-array name="twoItems"> <item>item1</item> <item>item2</item>... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] remove lines that have duplicate values in column two

Hi, I've got a file that I'd like to uniquely sort based on column 2 (values in column 2 begin with "comp"). I tried sort -t -nuk2,3 file.txtBut got: sort: multi-character tab `-nuk2,3' "man sort" did not help me out Any pointers? Input: Output: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a column with a value by ignoring the header lines

i have a file in the gz format , the content of the file is as follow. gzcat f1.gz # 1.name # 2.location # 3.age # 4.dob . . . . . . . . . # 43.hobbies < Aravind,33,chennai,09091980, , , , , , , surfing> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to sum column field from duplicate row/lines

Hello, I am new to Linux environment , I working on Linux script which should send auto email based on the specific condition from log file. Below is the sample log file Name m/c usage abc xxx 10 abc xxx 20 abc xxx 5 xyz ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk solution to duplicate lines based on column

Hi experts, I have a tab-delimited file with one column containing values separated by a comma. I wish to duplicate the entire line for every value in that comma-delimited field. For example: $cat file 4444 4444 4444 4444 9990 2222,7777 6666 2222 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count duplicate lines ignoring certain columns

I have this structure: col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 27 xxx 38 aaa ttt 2 xxx 38 aaa yyy 1 xxx 38 aaa yyy I need to collapse duplicate lines ignoring column 1 and add values of duplicate lines (col1) so it will look like this: col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 27 xxx 38 aaa ttt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppuca
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines after ignoring case and spaces between

Oracle Linux 6.5 $ cat someStrings.txt GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on MANHPRD.S_PROD_INT TO OR_PHIL; GRANT select on SCOTT.emp to JOHN; grant select on scott.emp to john; grant select on scott.dept to hr;If you ignore the case and the empty space between the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate lines on first column based with pipe delimiter

Hi, I have tried to remove dublicate lines based on first column with pipe delimiter . but i ma not able to get some uniqu lines Command : sort -t'|' -nuk1 file.txt Input : 38376KZ|09/25/15|1.057 38376KZ|09/25/15|1.057 02006YB|09/25/15|0.859 12593PS|09/25/15|2.803... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parithi06
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find lines with duplicate values in a particular column

I have a file with 5 columns. I want to pull out all records where the value in column 4 is not unique. For example in the sample below, I would want it to print out all lines except for the last two. 40991764 2419 724 47182 Cand A 40992936 3591 724 47182 Cand B 40993016 3671 724 47182 Cand C... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaktus
5 Replies
UNIQ(1) 							   User Commands							   UNIQ(1)

NAME
uniq - report or omit repeated lines SYNOPSIS
uniq [OPTION]... [INPUT [OUTPUT]] DESCRIPTION
Filter adjacent matching lines from INPUT (or standard input), writing to OUTPUT (or standard output). With no options, matching lines are merged to the first occurrence. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --count prefix lines by the number of occurrences -d, --repeated only print duplicate lines, one for each group -D, --all-repeated[=METHOD] print all duplicate lines groups can be delimited with an empty line METHOD={none(default),prepend,separate} -f, --skip-fields=N avoid comparing the first N fields --group[=METHOD] show all items, separating groups with an empty line METHOD={separate(default),prepend,append,both} -i, --ignore-case ignore differences in case when comparing -s, --skip-chars=N avoid comparing the first N characters -u, --unique only print unique lines -z, --zero-terminated end lines with 0 byte, not newline -w, --check-chars=N compare no more than N characters in lines --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit A field is a run of blanks (usually spaces and/or TABs), then non-blank characters. Fields are skipped before chars. Note: 'uniq' does not detect repeated lines unless they are adjacent. You may want to sort the input first, or use 'sort -u' without 'uniq'. Also, comparisons honor the rules specified by 'LC_COLLATE'. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report uniq translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Richard M. Stallman and David MacKenzie. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
comm(1), join(1), sort(1) The full documentation for uniq is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and uniq programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'uniq invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 UNIQ(1)