Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making file inside shell script Post 302429952 by 3junior on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 08:28:04 AM
Old 06-16-2010
can also do
Code:
cat > file <<eof
fsdfsdfd
sdfsfsfs
eof

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-16-2010 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the outputs of a shell script inside a log file???

My shell script file name is test.sh and the contents of this test.sh file are ps_file="package1.ps" echo $ps_file ps_file1=`echo $ps_file| sed "s/.ps//g"` echo $ps_file1 ps2pdf -dSAFER -sPAPERSIZE=a4 /tmp/A380_RFS24/amm_r0_ps/$ps_file1.ps /tmp/A380_RFS24/amm_r0_pdf/$ps_file1.pdf Now i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

making shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting I want to make script as to execute followng command mysqldump -u (user name) -p(password) database name>filename.sql this file saves with current date and time and execute automatically at particular time which I give (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access variables in a config file inside a shell script

I'm writing a shell script. I want to put the variables in a separate config files and use those inside my script. e.g. the config file (temp.conf)will have the values like mapping=123 file_name=xyz.txt I want to access these variables in temp.conf(i.e. mapping and file_name) from inside the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Shell Script to check for string inside a file?

This is what I have so far grep -lir "some text" * I need to check all files on the system for this text, if the text is found I need to change the file permissions so only ROOT has read and write access. How can this be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mapleleafs89
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a function in cpp file inside shell script

Hi I need to call a function written in a cpp file with arguments inside the shell script..Can anyone help me how to do this:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running .sh file inside a shell script

Hello, You might help a newbie like me, I am trying to run a .sh inside my shell script. After running that I need to execute below commands. Here's how my scripts looks like. Hope you can help: #!/bin/sh cd $ORACLE_HOME/owb/bin/unix ./OMBPlus.sh ---> goes to OMB+> directory cd... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus inside shell script writing to tmp file

Hi, facing an issue while calling sqlplus inside shell script. It for some reason goes to tmp file to write something and i get error as permission denied as i dont have access there. ANy idea why sqlplus writes in /tmp and how to change or stop this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushikeshs
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to handle commas inside the data when generating a csv file from shell script?

I am extracting data via sql query and some of the data has commas. Output File must be csv and I cannot update the data in the db (as it is used by other application). Example table FavoriteThings Person VARCHAR2(25), Favorite VARCHAR2(100) Sample Data Greta rain drop on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patk625
12 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)