Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Noob needs help with Sco Unixware 7.1 Post 302429944 by ccd1977 on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 07:50:02 AM
Old 06-16-2010

Thank you for the link but while that link tells me of the versions of linux that can be ran in hyper V or VMware, it does not tell me how to take an existing install of SCO Unixware 7.1 with apps installed and mods on a live machine and make that entire RAID 5 installation into an image and convert that image if need be to run in VM ware. Sorry for the runon.

This is what I need.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

3. SCO

Samba 3.0.24 in SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Please help me in troubleshooting my problem in Samba? I tried to instal Samba 3.0.24 in our SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 but after installing the nmbd daemon is not running. When i check the syslog from /var/adm, the following error appears: Sep 30 13:04:22 unixeei nmbd: bind failed on port 137... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
0 Replies

4. SCO

sco unixware + oracle 8.0.5

hi, anybody can give procedure for how to install oracle 8.0.5 in sco unixware 7.1.4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
0 Replies

5. SCO

SCO noob please help

hello, sco openserver R5 the following error and it fails to load. init: Command is respawning too rapidily id: vm "/home/bin/stvm.sh" init: Comand..etc id: c02"/etc/start/autostart" its trying to mount car diagnostic program in vmware, the program location is in "start" i think? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hgibbs8129
1 Replies

6. SCO

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Install - Need help

(sorry my English, is really poor). I have a SCO Unixware 7.1.1 and I need install in ML350 G3. Reading in google and HP web, make a floppy disks for install, but the options that I have is for network or floppy disk. How install from CD with patch for HP smart array 532 ?? or How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplertor
5 Replies

7. SCO

My UnixWare SCO Server

Hi, I'm new to this Unix world and have taken over looking after the I.T side of things at work, which includes the internal ERP system which runs on a UNIX SCO platform. My initial worry is what state this is in as its been on site over 20 years. What would be the first things to check on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
13 Replies

8. SCO

Need Help with installtion of SCO UNIXware 7.0.1

Hi, I need help to install SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Can any one help with any documentation or installation notes for SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhandalvi
1 Replies
ATARAID(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ATARAID(4)

NAME
ataraid -- ATA software RAID support SYNOPSIS
device ata device ataraid DESCRIPTION
The ataraid driver provides support for so-called software RAID (sometimes referred to as fake RAID or pseudo RAID). When a controller that supports software RAID is instructed to create a RAID array, its BIOS writes data structures in a specific metadata format to the disks. These data structures are picked up by the ataraid driver, so that FreeBSD can work with the array. The ataraid driver has to understand the specific metadata format of a controller BIOS in order to support its RAID capabilities. Read-only support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Creation and rebuild of such arrays has to be done from the controller BIOS. Read and write support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Additionally, the atacontrol(8) utility can be used to create, rebuild, update and fail such RAID arrays. The ataraid driver can read the following metadata formats: o Adaptec HostRAID o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Highpoint V3 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o Integrated Technology Express (ITE) o JMicron o LSI Logic V2 MegaRAID o LSI Logic V3 MegaRAID o NVIDIA MediaShield o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Image Medley o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID The ataraid driver can write the following metadata formats: o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o JMicron o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID It is also possible to use software RAID on controllers that do not have special software RAID capabilities. See atacontrol(8) for details. FILES
/dev/ar* ATA RAID device nodes SEE ALSO
ata(4), atacontrol(8) CAVEATS
RAID5 is not supported at this time. Code exists, but it neither uses nor maintains parity information. AUTHORS
The ataraid driver was written by Soren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
February 17, 2006 BSD