Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: csh code to ksh code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting csh code to ksh code Post 302429919 by kristinu on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 06:18:24 AM
Old 06-16-2010
csh code to ksh code

I have this code using csh and want to convert it to ksh to include this thinking into my ksh scripts.
Code:
     while ( $iarg < $narg )
    MATH iarg = $iarg + 1
    set arg = $argv[$iarg]
    set opt=` echo $arg | awk 'BEGIN { FS="=" } { print $1 }' `
    set par=` echo $arg | awk 'BEGIN { FS="=" } { print $2 }' `
    switch ($opt)
        case "data":
            set Data=$par
            echo "-Rrms " $Data
            set optdata=1
            breaksw
        case "-Rrms":
            set Rrms=$par
            echo "-Rrms " $Rrms
            set optrms=1
            breaksw
        case "-Rbst":
            set Rbst = $par
            echo "-Rbst " $Rbst
            set optbst=1
            breaksw
        default:
            echo "Unrecognised Option"
            set ierr=1
            breaksw
     endsw
  end

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Exit Code in HP-UX KSH.

In one of my programs another process is called using the system command e.g. lv_error = system("myproc"); where lv_error is declared as an int. myproc would be returning 0 for success and 1 for failure. e.g. if (success) { return(0); }else{ return(1); } When the return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

switch from csh to ksh

My UNIX SA requires that we start in CSH. I like to use KSH because most of my experience is in that shell. I added ksh to the end of my .login script which does take me into KSH but I would like to automatically execute my .profile to setup my aliases. I cannot use a .shell file because I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veeracer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

\!* in csh what is it for ksh

Hey guys, Hopefully a simple question for you. In csh I have an alias that looks like: alias ff 'find . -name \!* -print' and can therefore perform a search for a file by typing: ff filename The same comand does not work in ksh alias ff="find . -name \!* -print" I get: find:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timsk
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Csh Vs Ksh

I created a simple script and attempted to run it. All that the scrip contained was "ls -l". At first I received the message "ksh: run_dir: not found" I then tried typing "csh run_dir" This time the script worked. typing echo $SHELL produced /bin/ksh I would like to understand why this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SUSANR9999
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

python code...convert to ksh or sh

Helloo... I am not much familiar with python..I found this small script in python I even do not have python on my computer...can anyone help me out to convert this into ksh or sh.. PLEASE any help I will appreciate.. here is python code.. #!/usr/bin/env python import random # Get a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh has function -x as ksh ?

Dear All, Normally, I use ksh to code script but I got a new assignment to check the error code of csh so I want to know csh has fuction -x(/bin/ksh -x) as ksh or not? If csh has, which mode? Another way, how can I check it my code is correctly? Thank in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

KSH denial error code?

Hi All, I am trying to access ISQL via shell script(SSH). It was working fine (the script had permissions to access for ISQL). Occasionally I am getting the denial message. May I know what is the issue? D FILE abcd Exec 69 2 /sybase/OCS-12_5/bin/isql /usr/bin/ksh What... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate ksh code to csh code

hi all, Can any 1 help me translate this korn shell code to C shell code : email=$(grep "^$1" $folder/config_2.txt | awk '{print $2'}) In config_2.txt the content is : which mean in korn shell , $1=groupname and $2=email address. Now i need to write in C shell script,when i set the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate csh to ksh

Hi! I need to translate those line in csh (to initialise variable) into ksh construct. Any help would be appreciated! I don't know how to replace them :( Thanks Hulu setenv TestHul "$0 $*" setenv JG `setenvp "JG" "" "$*"` setenv A_1 `setenvp "A_1" "NA" "$*"` Please use next time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patator67
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh code explanation

Hi. Can somebody please explain the following lines of KSH code for me? The code checks all sub directories in a specific location which are numbered (E.g. test_01, test_02 ... etc.), then finds the one with highest number and extracts that number from the dir name into the variable num. I'd just... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
9 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)