Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Noob needs help with Sco Unixware 7.1 Post 302429822 by ccd1977 on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 04:26:06 PM
Old 06-15-2010
Noob needs help with Sco Unixware 7.1

We are retiring a Unixware 7.1 server that has custom applications on it. It has Raid 5 and we would like to use the machine for other things. Is there a way we can image/clone to virtual machine file and run that VM within say Virtual PC 2007 or VMware? I am not aware of anything to do this. I have downloaded VMwares converter but it only supports Linux and Windows.

Your help is appreciated.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

3. SCO

Samba 3.0.24 in SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Please help me in troubleshooting my problem in Samba? I tried to instal Samba 3.0.24 in our SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 but after installing the nmbd daemon is not running. When i check the syslog from /var/adm, the following error appears: Sep 30 13:04:22 unixeei nmbd: bind failed on port 137... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
0 Replies

4. SCO

sco unixware + oracle 8.0.5

hi, anybody can give procedure for how to install oracle 8.0.5 in sco unixware 7.1.4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
0 Replies

5. SCO

SCO noob please help

hello, sco openserver R5 the following error and it fails to load. init: Command is respawning too rapidily id: vm "/home/bin/stvm.sh" init: Comand..etc id: c02"/etc/start/autostart" its trying to mount car diagnostic program in vmware, the program location is in "start" i think? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hgibbs8129
1 Replies

6. SCO

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Install - Need help

(sorry my English, is really poor). I have a SCO Unixware 7.1.1 and I need install in ML350 G3. Reading in google and HP web, make a floppy disks for install, but the options that I have is for network or floppy disk. How install from CD with patch for HP smart array 532 ?? or How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplertor
5 Replies

7. SCO

My UnixWare SCO Server

Hi, I'm new to this Unix world and have taken over looking after the I.T side of things at work, which includes the internal ERP system which runs on a UNIX SCO platform. My initial worry is what state this is in as its been on site over 20 years. What would be the first things to check on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
13 Replies

8. SCO

Need Help with installtion of SCO UNIXware 7.0.1

Hi, I need help to install SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Can any one help with any documentation or installation notes for SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhandalvi
1 Replies
virt-clone(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    virt-clone(1M)

NAME
virt-clone - clone virtual machine images SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/virt-clone [option] DESCRIPTION
The virt-clone utility is a command line tool for cloning existing virtual machine images. virt-clone copies disk images of an existing virtual machine and defines a new guest with an identical virtual hardware configuration. Elements that require uniqueness are updated to avoid a clash between old and new guests. With appropriate command-line arguments, virt-clone can run completely unattended, with the guest automatically starting itself as well. This allows for easy automation of guest installs. If you do not specify options to virt-clone, the command runs interactively, prompting for input as required. To run virt-clone, you must become superuser or assume the Primary Administrator role. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --connect=URI Connect to the hypervisor at URI. -d, --debug Display debugging information when running the install process. -f disk_image, --file=disk_image Path to the file, disk partition, or logical volume to use as the backing store for the guest's virtual disk. If the original guest has multiple disks, this parameter must be repeated multiple times, once per disk in the original virtual machine. -h, --help Display the help message and exit. -m mac_addr, --mac=mac_addr Fixed MAC address for the guest. If the keyword random is specified, a random address will be used. -n name, --name=name Name of the new guest virtual machine instance. This must be unique among all guests known to the hypervisor on this machine, including those not currently active. To redefine an existing guest, use the virsh(1M) tool to shut it down and delete it prior to running virt- clone. This parameter will be prompted for if omitted on the command line. -o original_guest, -original=original_guest Name or UUID for the original guest to be cloned. This guest must be shut down since it is not possible to safely clone active guests. -u UUID, -uuid=UUID UUID for the guest; if none is specified, a random UUID is generated. If you specify UUID, use a 32-digit hexadecimal number. Keep in mind that UUIDs are intended to be unique across the entire data center, and indeed, the world. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Cloning a Guest with a Single Disk The following command clones a guest named demo, which has a single disk to copy. # virt-clone --original demo --name newdemo --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdemo.img Example 2 Cloning a Guest with Multiple Disks The following command clones a guest named demo, with has multiple disks to copy. # virt-clone --original demo --name newdemo --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdemo.img --file /var/lib/xen/images/newdata.img Example 3 Cloning to a Device with Comparable Disk Space The following command clones a guest to a physical device that has at least as much disk space as had the original guest. . If the destina- tion device is has more space, the new guest can do a file system resize when it boots. # virt-clone --name demo --file /dev/HostVG/DemoVM --mac 00:16:3e:34:11:54 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxvmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
virsh(1M), virt-install(1M), xm(1M), xVM(5), attributes(5), xVM(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Jun 2008 virt-clone(1M)