Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to configure sound in Knoppix Post 302429810 by Ultrix on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 03:47:09 PM
Old 06-15-2010
How to configure sound in Knoppix

I just started using Knoppix, and it doesn't have any sound. How can I set it up?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure my Sound Card????

I use sndconfig to configure it ..in addation the sample sound worked but the MIDI not work and game me an error from /var/log/messages I get that : Feb 18 09:04:35 localhost kernel: cs4232: set synthio and synthirq to use the wavefront facilities. Feb 18 09:04:50 localhost kernel: YM3812 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Why i can't use the tool "turbosoundcfg" to configure the sound in my TurboLinux?

But the page "http://www.chinalinuxpub.com/doc/tlc61/node60.html" says it can.Why ?What can i do? Help me ! Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sensir163
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I configure my sound card?

Where should I go for sound card configurations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: confusedoflife
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help running Knoppix

i need help running Knoppix on my comp (which is windows). I have the cd with the iso on it and it works on my moms computer but not mine :( this is what it says to do How do I run KNOPPIX? In order to start the CD, first adjust the boot list in the BIOS Setup of your computer to boot from CD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smokinchili21
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KNOPPIX CD not Booting

I have downloaded KNOPIIX and burned it on a CD, it niether boots from CD nor could I open the file, it seems the extension is .iso, would you mind sending me your comment,please. Thank you very much (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir
2 Replies

6. Debian

knoppix version?

hi all again!! just a stupide question: how do you find the version of a knoppix? like the /etc/mandrake-release on mdk machines?? I have no idea of where to search.. Jason (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

7. SuSE

knoppix

Hi, I want to learn linux but I don't want to install on my hard drive. I came to know about knoppix that could give me the answer. But If I download the same (approx 700 MB) from free download site and copy it to CD, Will it work ? please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix

Hello All, I have a Knoppix CD. I am able to boot Knoppix(Linux) from the CD. How do I save a document that I created using OpenOffice(Writer) to either my harddrive on Windows or to a USB instead of the CD itself. I am new to Knoppix and am not sure of the GUI. I tried mounting the USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix; What's the gist of it.

I have a couple of Rescue Disks I was experimenting with and someone suggested that I use Knoppix instead. I have the newest version of it and it seems more like an Emergency O.S than anything else. The only useful tool I can find on it is Gparted. Do you have to add Emergency Applications to it? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
5 Replies
ISDNTELCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     ISDNTELCTL(8)

NAME
isdntelctl -- control isdn4bsd telephone sound format conversion SYNOPSIS
isdntelctl [-c] [-g] [-u unit] [-A] [-U] [-N] DESCRIPTION
isdntelctl is part of the isdn4bsd package and is used to configure the sound format conversion facilities of the /dev/isdntel interfaces. The following options are available: -c Clear the telephone input queue. -g Get the sound format currently in use. -u Set the /dev/isdntel unit number. The default value is zero to access device /dev/isdntel0. -A Do A-law (ISDN line) -> mu-law (userland) conversion. -U Do mu-law (ISDN line) -> A-law (userland) conversion. -N Set sound conversion to do no format conversion. The telephony data stream comes out of the line in a bit-reversed format, so the isdntel(4) driver does the bit-reversion process in any case. Additionally, the user can specify to do A-law to mu-law, mu-law to A-law or no conversion at all in the isdntel driver by using the isdntelctl utility. FILES
/dev/isdntel<n> EXAMPLES
The command isdntelctl -g displays the currently used sound format for device /dev/isdntel0. SEE ALSO
isdntel(4), isdnd.rc(5), isdnd(8) STANDARDS
A-law and mu-law are specified in ITU Recommendation G.711. AUTHORS
The isdntelctl utility and this man page were written by Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@kts.org>. BSD
April 21, 1999 BSD